Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » We were all pests to someone at some point in our lives. What was the pestiest thing you did to someone? Do you regret it?

We were all pests to someone at some point in our lives. What was the pestiest thing you did to someone? Do you regret it?

Posted - July 23, 2017

Responses

here's my story.
         Just had a rebuilt engine
    installed in my truck
    Already it is falling apart. Went to the guy
    and he refused to be responsible.
    For a solid week i was planning how to put nails under his tires.
    I was preoccupied with this  24X7 for a week.
    was I a pest with thinking all of this ?
    ...Then I got a nail in one of my tires...

July 23, 2017 6:10 PM MDT

No, dear Baba, I don't constitute that being pesty.  What I think might have backfired on you in this story is how pesty it became to YOU, not him.  His bad karma will make him pay for his wrong doing to you, I'm sure of it.
    I would have had the same reaction if something like that happened.  I've been furious at a couple of mechanics that have overcharged me and not even had a clue about the problem. 
    I think you were in the right to be totally obsessed and irritated with the situation.
    That is a sincere and ironic drag though.  First, you don't get your truck fixed.  Second, you got a flat by a nail.
    Thank you for trying though.  You are very sweet.

This is what I can remember about being a pest.
     I was a pest to my sister.  She thought she knew everything and was in charge of every little thing I did.  She thought she could order me around when mom and dad weren't there and she did.  Please take into consideration she is 3 1/2 years older than me. This, of course, gave her the right to think all those things, or so she thought.
    In my 6-year-old wisdom, I decided if she thought she was such a "know it all," I was going to show her what she sounded like.  So, everything she said, I copied and said back to her.  You know this game younger siblings play! I'm smiling just thinking about it.  When we were at school or when my parents weren't around, I would mimic her in front of her friends, at recess, at lunch, at the babysitters (when I could get away with it) but never when our parents were around.  She couldn't say anything to them because then they would find out what a brat she was being too.  
    This was a pestingly annoying thing I did for a week.  I got bored with it after that but it was fun while it lasted.
    Her rebuttal? She'd pin me down and burp and fart in my face.  
    Surprisingly, we are wonderful friends and siblings today and I wouldn't trade her in for the world.  
    :) This post was edited by Merlin at July 23, 2017 7:46 PM MDT
      July 23, 2017 7:22 PM MDT

cant remember
      July 24, 2017 5:55 PM MDT