Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » History » If you were a pioneer in the 1800.s would you of survived the winter?imes it seems like more work then I can handle

If you were a pioneer in the 1800.s would you of survived the winter?imes it seems like more work then I can handle

I have a pretty big garden and harvest my own fire wood and sometimes it seems like more work then I can handle. I have a roto tiller and chain saw the pioneers didn't have  stuff like that plus they had to build their house dig their well and a million other jobs so I think all that work would of killed me. Cheers!

Posted - July 21, 2016

Responses

Goofed up on the tittle it should of ended at the question mark. Cheers!
      July 21, 2016 8:50 AM MDT

i am a survivalist by hobby and i grew up in the middle of know were so i was always out in the woods hunting fishing and building shelters with just a knife and string but im no expert and still practicing, so i think i might have a chance, one youtuber is quite good she goes by the name of survival lilly. you shoud check her out 

July 21, 2016 9:23 AM MDT

Maybe if I were pioneering around Key West.

July 21, 2016 9:55 AM MDT

Would I OF?

That is not correct.  Would I have survived?

Of course.  There were people around to learn from who came before me to teach me.   If you mean would I make it if I were transported there from here without any prior surviving capabilities?   I probably would die the first day.

We would have grown up in a time where the soft didn't get very far.  So, we would have been out there on a daily basis surviving or dying.  One or the other.   I think we are made of sterner stuff than you think or we all wouldn't be here today.

But I hear you, life would have been far more rustic.  No iphones.  How DID we survive?

July 21, 2016 10:29 AM MDT

I checked that out - she's pretty cool. Cheers and happy weekend!

July 22, 2016 8:31 AM MDT

Ya you would be eating good - barbecued alligator and mangos. Cheers and happy weekend!

July 22, 2016 8:34 AM MDT
  • Bez

WTF?

July 23, 2016 1:52 PM MDT