Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Family » Do you have any habits that attempt to hide from your family?

Do you have any habits that attempt to hide from your family?

I know a lady who believed she was hiding her smoking from her boyfriend  by using mints and air fresheners. 

Posted - July 24, 2017

Responses

I do but unfortunately my hips don't lie.   ;-)
      July 24, 2017 6:27 AM MDT

Yep sadly they do tell on us.
      July 24, 2017 10:14 AM MDT

Mints and air fresheners do not cut it when you are that close to another person.

I was kind of the person who did things first before anyone else did.  Unfortunately, this also included things that most people were not ready for.

I was 17 when I moved out of my house the first time.   I had to escape my parental authorities because it was the 60's and that is what everyone was doing.  However, since I was not at home, there was little that I hid from my parents.  They were still my parents and we were close, they just did not agree with anything HIPPIE and that was the general idea.

We were rebelling against the old ways of just letting things happen, war, racism, etc.

I did the usual nasty, evil things kids do when they run away from the rule of the home.  I lived with my boyfriend, I smoked weed, I partied till the cows came home.  But I did manage to stay out of harm's way and mostly came out the other side unscathed.

July 24, 2017 7:27 AM MDT

I told her the same thing..there was no way he did not know. A nonsmoker can not kiss a smoker and not know. 

Glad you made it out of your rebellious years in one piece.
      July 24, 2017 10:13 AM MDT

Not really, but I certainly have some families that I attempt to hide from my habits. Shhhhhhhh. 

~
      July 24, 2017 8:05 AM MDT

no, i dont have habits like that
      July 24, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

• "Not exactly."  My parents didn't smoke. I started smoking (at 15) while I still lived with them and continued smoking after I went out on my own.  Out of respect and without any verbal pact, I never smoked in front of my parents, and quit smoking when I was twenty-five.
       Now I don't smoke and my (adult) daughter, who does, doesn't smoke in front of me ... even in her own home. :)  (same no pact)
      December 18, 2017 9:24 AM MST