Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Breaking up with each other doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a sad affair, right?

Breaking up with each other doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a sad affair, right?

Who knows, it might even be among the best things that two people experience together. 

~

Posted - July 24, 2017

Responses

Nope ... it doesn't.

In fact, if two people are mature and good friends before ... they should be able to break up and maintain that friendship.
      July 24, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

It depends on who's paying the alimony.

There is nothing like a clean break with no payout.

July 24, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

Absolutely not. Often it's the wedding that turns out to be the sad affair. :)

I'm hearing more and more about divorce parties. I suppose many people aren't very sincere about them, and it's a pathetic effort to cheer up someone who's been dumped. On the other hand, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's divorce was akin to being released from a long and torturous incarceration! If that's the case, party on! 

July 24, 2017 11:12 AM MDT

(whose divorce)
      July 24, 2017 1:31 PM MDT

You got me!

Shall I type "Hail Randy D; King of Grammar" 100 times as my penance?  
      July 24, 2017 9:18 PM MDT

• I agree totally. Sometimes people get together for the wrong reasons, get married, and they live a loveless existence with the outward appearance of being happy, but inside, they are miserable and just go through the motions out of convenience. If they are lucky, one or both stumble upon someone magically that captures their heart and soul.   Because that person or persons are already in a relationship, they have breathing room where they can freely explore and discover their new love interest in depth getting to know all about them, what they share in common, their likes & dislikes, their dreams, hopes, tastes in music, films, the arts.  Breakups should not always be thought of as a sad event, for sure. Quite often they are the start of a new beginning 
      July 24, 2017 1:11 PM MDT

Wait... what? 

That's majorly f-ed up, dude. You're a bad goat! 
      July 24, 2017 9:21 PM MDT

depends on who youre breaking up with and what they did
      July 24, 2017 1:34 PM MDT