Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Are you down from the Heroin and Opium you tried yet? That was dumb now, wasn't it?

Are you down from the Heroin and Opium you tried yet? That was dumb now, wasn't it?

Posted - July 24, 2017

Responses

(I'm answering your "What's a terrific mystery movie?" here because after several attempts, I'm still unable to post an answer to your question in its appropriate place. Maybe it will post here?)

"Memento"

- starring Guy Pearce

The movie blows my mind in the best way. (And not just because Pearce is in it. Yet, he is SUPERB in the movie!)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 24, 2017 5:53 PM MDT
      July 24, 2017 11:28 AM MDT

It posted here! (I'm sorry I couldn't get it to work in the correct question!)
    :)
      July 24, 2017 11:31 AM MDT

I saw it.  Wait.  I thought I saw it. I did not see this.
      Post where ever you want, Welb. No prob.

Now I must see this.

Memento is a 2000 American neo-noir psychological thriller film directed and written by Christopher Nolan, and produced by Suzanne and Jennifer Todd. The film's script was based on a pitch by Jonathan Nolan, who later wrote the story "Memento Mori" from the concept. It stars Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Joe Pantoliano.

Pearce stars as a man who, as a result of a past trauma, suffers from anterograde amnesia, the inability to form new memories and suffers short-term memory loss approximately every five minutes. He is searching for the persons who attacked him and killed his wife, using an intricate system of Polaroid photographs and tattoos to track information he cannot remember. Memento is presented as two different sequences of scenes interspersed during the film: a series in black-and-white that is shown chronologically, and a series of color sequences shown in reverse order (simulating for the audience the mental state of the protagonist). The two sequences "meet" at the end of the film, producing one complete and cohesive narrative.[4]

Memento premiered on September 5, 2000, at the Venice International Film Festival and was released in European theaters starting in October. It became a blockbuster success, being acclaimed by critics who praised its nonlinear narrative structure and motifs of memory, perception, grief, and self-deception, and earning $39.7 million over a $9 million budget. It received numerous accolades, including Academy Award nominations for Best Original Screenplay and Best Film Editing.[5] The film was subsequently ranked one of the best films of the 2000s by several critics and media outlets.[6] This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 24, 2017 11:54 AM MDT
      July 24, 2017 11:51 AM MDT

Me on opium and heroin? Yikes. I think I'll avoid trying it.

July 24, 2017 11:30 AM MDT

I just want to see what people say back.  Thanks, Welb.  LOL
      July 24, 2017 11:52 AM MDT

But, but, but... my doctor prescribed it! Surely it MUST be okay? 

July 24, 2017 12:13 PM MDT

How much did you get?  It's okay to find someone and sell it.  Someone that is in horrible pain and about to die, that is.  Or, be a real pal and just donate it to the sufferer.

(But he won't need the money where he's going anyway)

Practical.  Always thinking.
      July 24, 2017 3:25 PM MDT

I do believe you're encouraging me to engage in illegal activity, Rona! Shall I report you for that? Tsk, tsk! 

;)
      July 24, 2017 8:27 PM MDT

ive never done drugs
      July 24, 2017 1:30 PM MDT

Good.  Drugs are bad.

July 24, 2017 3:25 PM MDT

July 24, 2017 1:37 PM MDT

Haa haaa

I just wanted to see what my clever group came up with for this line.   So far, so good.  Welby really nailed it.  LOL

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 24, 2017 5:17 PM MDT
      July 24, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

• Never tried heroin specifically but did do a little dance with other opiates for a few years.   Thankfully I'm one of the lucky ones who realized my bad decision and cleaned myself up from all that mess before too much serious damage to my life occurred.  That was about 15+ years ago.Sadly many people I know, some gone forever, never got with the program.
      July 24, 2017 5:56 PM MDT