Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Should I go on vacation even if I think my house might get broken into?

Should I go on vacation even if I think my house might get broken into?

A month ago a house down the road got broken into and the other night I came home from work at like 2:30 in the morning and I saw a vehicle driving toward my house and when they saw my lights coming down the road they turned around.
A few nights ago someone tried opening my front door late at night while I was home.
I want to go away for a weekend to see my sister, but I feel like if I leave my place it's gonna get robbed.
Should I go anyway?
What measures could I use to secure my home or trick criminals into thinking I'm home?
I wanna go have a good weekend, but these thieves are a pain.

Posted - July 26, 2017

Responses

i wouldnt let them stop you, i would go, at least you wont be there if theyre there
      July 26, 2017 4:51 PM MDT

• I think you're right Pearl.
    I gotta live my life to it's fullest and my sister and I have a a blast touring around her city.
    It's only stuff.
    If they break in I just hope they don't trash the place for nothing.
    Maybe I'll leave them a note inside saying they can help themselves to anything in the fridge and watch TV, but I don't have any cash or jewellery or guns in the house so please don't destroy my place, thanks. : )
      July 26, 2017 5:06 PM MDT

Get somebody who owns a Doberman to house sit for you.
      July 26, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

• Your home might be broken into while you're at work or doing errands.
      July 26, 2017 10:03 PM MDT

Leave traps. Like Home Alone. 
      July 26, 2017 10:27 PM MDT