Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The Better Care and Reconciliation Act ("Trumpcare") has OFFICIALLY failed in the Senate. Where to now?

The Better Care and Reconciliation Act ("Trumpcare") has OFFICIALLY failed in the Senate. Where to now?

Nine Republucans crossed the floor to vote against, and that one required a supermajority of 60 votes to pass which it was NEVER going to get. A simple "repeal" bill, an even worse option that only required a simple majority of 51, also failed 55-45.
This was a core promise from Trump and is now officially dead. Will he resign?

Posted - July 26, 2017

Responses

My take?   I'd say they will keep trying and keep trying to wear everyone down.

Old School's take?  He says they will pare down what they are asking to change and only change a few minor details and try and pass it off that they really did some big thing.   He says that no one can get over the idea of leaving so many people with no healthcare.

I'm scared.  Period.  I don't trust these sphincter muscles to do anything right.

July 26, 2017 9:15 PM MDT

Lol.... will Trump, malignant narcissist extraordinaire, resign? Erm..... no. Promises mean nothing to him. The truth means nothing to him. And conveniently nothing is ever his fault. So he just steamrolls on, leaving destruction in his wake without a care in the world about hurting the American people.
      July 26, 2017 9:33 PM MDT

Meanwhile, Anthem's profits soar 44% to $1B in first quarter. Still, they're threatening to reduce coverage under the ACA if the government doesn't fork out even more GD money. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2017/04/26/anthems-profits-soar-but-wont-commit-to-obamacare-beyond-this-year/#38f69e033cdb

It's disgusting. Absolutely repulsive. 

Oh... sorry. No, the Dump won't resign. Sadly. 
      July 26, 2017 9:52 PM MDT

No, he won't resign, nor are they giving up.  Next they'll try for the "skinny repeal" which calls for the elimination of the employer and personal mandates, as well as the device tax.  If the Senate passes that, it would go to a bicameral committee.  

A group of governors on both sides of the aisle are opposed to the skinny option.  
      July 26, 2017 10:19 PM MDT

only time will tell what will happen next
      July 27, 2017 4:24 PM MDT