Discussion » Questions » Emotions » If you cannot handle being told "no" without exploding and seeking retaliation/revenge there is something very wrong with you. What and why?

If you cannot handle being told "no" without exploding and seeking retaliation/revenge there is something very wrong with you. What and why?

Posted - July 28, 2017

Responses

Rosie, tell me if this does not fit Trump to a "T"

Borderline Personality Disorder Symptom
    Impulsivity

Impulsivity is the tendency to act on impulse -- that is, without forethought about the appropriateness or consequences of the action. Impulsivity can be manifested in an action or in interrupting a discussion, blurting out answers, or the inability to wait one's turn at an activity. Impulsivity is often accompanied by symptoms such as restlessness, hyperactivity, inattention, problems doing quiet activities, problems with executive function, talking excessively, and fidgeting.
    Learn more about symptoms associated with impulsivity »

Borderline personality disorder facts

Borderline personality disorder is a personality disorder of emotional dysregulation that involves the sufferer consistently exhibiting abnormal self-image, ways of feeling and interacting, leading to difficulties with interpersonal relationships.

Like most other mental disorders, borderline personality disorder is understood to be the result of a combination of biological vulnerabilities, ways of thinking, and social stressors (biopsychosocial model).

To be diagnosed with BPD, the sufferer must experience at least five of the following symptoms: unstable self-image, relationships or emotions, severe impulsivity that results in engaging in risky behaviors, repeated suicidal behaviors or threats, chronic feelings of emptiness, inappropriate anger, trouble with anger management, or transient paranoia or dissociation. 
    OK HE'S NOT SUICIDAL  -- the rest of this fits though.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 28, 2017 8:45 AM MDT
      July 28, 2017 7:08 AM MDT

He is not suicidal to our knowledge. If he ever attempted it, he would not publicise the fact.
      July 28, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

I KNOW.   That is what I already said.  That is the only thing I see that conflicts with the rest of it.  I'm sure this is not his real diagnosis, but it is disturbingly accurate on some counts. 
      July 28, 2017 9:48 AM MDT

Look up "Malignant Narcissist."
      July 28, 2017 9:59 AM MDT

Yes, much MUCH better definition.  You are SPOT ON. 

I liked this one because it speaks to the fact of emotional retardation just like the Malignant Narcissist speaks to it.

But narcissists NEVER consider suicide so you are much closer to a diagnosis than I was here.   Imagine TRUMP ever considering suicide.  That is one thing we can take to the bank.

He will never off himself even if he was the only one left on earth with no audience. 

He could look in the mirror and pretend everyone worships him.  Kind of like NOW. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 28, 2017 10:08 AM MDT
      July 28, 2017 10:05 AM MDT

Many well regarded mental health professionals have named Malignant Narcissism as the most likely diagnosis. 

Remember too, that while many Presidents were narcissists- you need a big ego to believe you can do the job- the addition of the word "malignant" basically means you don't give a flying f about anyone but yourself and actually get pleasure from people's pain.   
      July 28, 2017 10:15 AM MDT

Many leaders have to beware of those kinds of tendencies, true enough.  But when they are elevated to this level, he is just plain USELESS and a NUTJOB.

We can remain colorful with flaws if our virtues are plentiful enough.  But what virtues does this man have?

That is what a malignancy is.  It overrides anything healthy and spreads to destroy what was healthy.  

The only thing malignancy did not cover was the fact that he was able to spread this evil even outside of his own body.   He attracts all the other malignants within a million mile radius it seems.

July 28, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

• You can't seem t handle when someone has a different opinion than you without getting pretty rude with them...Is there something wrong with you as well?
      July 28, 2017 7:56 AM MDT

If one's position in life is that others must agree in all opinions or else they are incorrect, rude or unimportant, it's possible that abject narcissism has set in.

I wonder what it's like to always be right. Hmmm. 
    __
      July 28, 2017 8:35 AM MDT

• That's one feeling I will never know. :)
      July 28, 2017 9:45 AM MDT

I agree.

via GIPHY

July 28, 2017 11:17 AM MDT

they probably have mental issues if theyre going to act that way
      July 28, 2017 2:46 PM MDT