Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Legal » If you have urges to kill people for no reason (like there ever is one) you are diagnosed with Depression and obsessive/compusive disorder?

If you have urges to kill people for no reason (like there ever is one) you are diagnosed with Depression and obsessive/compusive disorder?

NOTE I FOUND THIS ON AN INTERNET SITE.  THIS IS NOT MY BELIEF.
Re: urges to kill

Postby Reaper » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 pm
I've had thoughts and fantasies about killing people all my life, since early childhood, and developed urges to act on them in my teenage years. I'm 43 now, so I've been wanting to kill people for a long time.

With that said, I personally see nothing wrong with wanting to kill people or even doing so - whether it be for personal reasons or financial ones. Others here might disagree and so does the legal justice system and I understand why that is, but it doesn't change my view.

Seregor96, have you considered that there might be something more at play here in regard to your own thoughts, fantasies and urges? Maybe something in your life is causing you stress and thus, contributing to how you feel about others (and yourself since you also have depression). It's something you might want to consider and work on first before deciding whether or not you want to take the risk of doing something that could land you in prison for the rest of your life.

Posted - July 28, 2017

Responses

I'm not sure what your point is or what you're asking.

July 28, 2017 12:23 PM MDT

Last I looked at it ... Depression wasn't about killing others.  Yourself, maybe.

Nor is OCD. 
    Well, maybe if you're a serial killer.  (there's an interesting hypothesis)
      July 28, 2017 12:29 PM MDT

just cause youre depressed dont mean you have the urge to kill people, personally, i wouldnt want to end up in prison
      July 28, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

•   July 28, 2017 4:17 PM MDT

That's psychopathy, not depression or OCD.
      July 28, 2017 7:17 PM MDT