Discussion » Questions » Business » A good leader wants cohesion/cooperation/teamwork among his employees. A lousy one encourages in-fighting/division. Ever work for a lousy?

A good leader wants cohesion/cooperation/teamwork among his employees. A lousy one encourages in-fighting/division. Ever work for a lousy?

Once upon a time I did. He was a hugely bigly lousy guy. He would set us up against one another unknowingly just to see how it would all turn out. For his amusement. I figgered it out and I left. I don't want to work for any lousy guy. Some folks take great delight in being led by the nose by a LOUSY.  Why I don't know. Do you?

Posted - July 29, 2017

Responses

Uh-huh. I was supervisor of a sales team, the boss went over my head and publicly humiliated one of my subordinates. I quit the next day.
      July 29, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

((hugs)) I would have done exactly and precisely that as well Sbf. Whattana** the guy was and probably still is! Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 30, 2017 5:19 AM MDT

I would not call it entirely 'lousy' leadership. A lot of charity drives deliberately foster 'competition' between various collecting groups with good results. eg: "Alabama hold second place with $26,825,500 collected but Minnesota lead the race with $36,400,685 collected"
      July 29, 2017 8:43 AM MDT

You know JacobA I'm not a fan of competition. Never have been. I think it brings out the worst in people.  Some will do anything to win including cheat and sabotage the competition. The way I see it if the goal is worthwhile everyone should be pulling for its success and individual glory is irrelevant or should be. Just my opinion of course. Thank you for yours and Happy Sunday.  Rivalries among the military branches or among Intelligence Agencies can work against us. They don't share info or pull together. They want to one-up the other guy and I see absolutely nothing to admire about that at all. So I guess we kinda sorta disagree. No biggy, right?
      July 30, 2017 5:23 AM MDT

no, i didnt have bosses like that
      July 29, 2017 4:31 PM MDT