Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Family » What would you do if your child turned out to be an LGBTQ? What would Donald John Trump do it if were true of Barron?

What would you do if your child turned out to be an LGBTQ? What would Donald John Trump do it if were true of Barron?

Posted - July 29, 2017

Responses

Billy Graham had a short Q & A in one of the two local newspapers.---I will borrow his answer to an unrelated question:  God does not give present grace for future trials.

Given the potentially contradicting values that would be swirling in my head, I would not try to work my way through such a situation until it was actually in my life.

As for Trump and Baron, I would consider that to be perfect payback for Trump, but would leave Baron is somewhat of a predicament. But fortunately, God doesn't generally work that way. 

This post was edited by tom jackson at July 30, 2017 2:35 AM MDT
      July 29, 2017 9:47 AM MDT

Some pols have faced that tom. Many Pols are so negatively vocal on that score and then when it hits home they change their tune. What Trump actually believes I don't know. He blatantly panders to the extreme right religious folks but that doesn't mean a thing. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Sunday!  :)
      July 30, 2017 2:38 AM MDT

• I would love and support her regardless. What would you think I'd do? Turn my back on her? SMH!! Seeing as how I don't know DT personally, I cannot say what he would or would not do. My best guess is that he would love and support him. 
      July 29, 2017 9:47 AM MDT

Nor can anyone else say what he would do, either.  
      July 29, 2017 12:25 PM MDT

• I know. I've said from the day she was born that I don't care who she falls in love with as long as she finds someone who truly loves her. Race, religion or orientation has nothing to do with it. I just want her happy. :)
      July 29, 2017 5:20 PM MDT

You're a good mom.  :)
      July 29, 2017 6:06 PM MDT

• Thank you, I have tried my best. She isn't predigest and she accepts everyone for who they are.  
      July 30, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

It's been pointed out by many people that it's no one else's business what goes on within a family.  I think it's sage advice to let it go.
    ~
      July 29, 2017 12:19 PM MDT

I'd tell my gay son to go get a pizza and we would talk about it afterward. As for Chumps son, one can only hope it turns out that way. It's a shame Chump would disown his son though. This post was edited by Zack at July 30, 2017 2:38 AM MDT
      July 29, 2017 12:27 PM MDT

I cannot begin to imagine turning against my child for such a reason.  I think it would take some adjustment on my part but none of it would be judgmental or discomfort. In the olden days such a life would have been a lot more difficult. Think of the movie stars who had to keep whom they loved a secret. But today? I think most folks realize you love whom you love and shouldn't be judged for it. Anyway I like that song that says "What the world needs now is love...that's the kind of thing that there's just too little of" What kind of pizza Zack? Thank you for your reply.
      July 30, 2017 2:43 AM MDT

Nasty
      July 29, 2017 4:17 PM MDT

nothing i could do but they would still be my child
      July 29, 2017 4:21 PM MDT