Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you like it when other people check out your date/ SO?

Do you like it when other people check out your date/ SO?

Why or why not...

Posted - July 29, 2017

Responses

• It's fine if people look because how can you not look at women, but when a guy sits down beside her at the bar while she's ordering a drink and starts hitting on her I walk over, put my arm around her and give him the look of death.
    I know that's not right and probably the reason I acted that way is because I couldn't trust my date.
    Anyway, that's how that went.
      July 29, 2017 1:31 PM MDT

Aww... I guess maybe it's different if you don't trust your date, but I think most guys are territorial to some degree. It seems to be a source of pride when other men admire, but if they admire "too much" or move in, they assert their ground, either by putting an arm around the woman or by giving the eye... generally true whether the woman is trustworthy or not, I think, but I guess we'll have to wait for more answers. 
      July 29, 2017 1:43 PM MDT

At this age if people are checking out my date, it's because he needs a Heimlich or CPR. 

July 29, 2017 1:49 PM MDT

lol you crack me up. I think anyone would be lucky to go on a date with you if for nothing else than to enjoy your sense of humour. :)
      July 30, 2017 9:43 PM MDT

Aww... thanks. That's kind of you to say.   :-)
      July 30, 2017 10:30 PM MDT

theres nothing to check out cause guys wont date me, not sure why
      July 29, 2017 2:57 PM MDT

Of course they will look, he is dashing and HoT T.

They can look but don't touch, or get too close. 
    I make him keep a loaded mouse trap in his
    pocket incase someone tries to slip him their phone number.
    Evil little wench isn't gonna try to seal my man...no way.
    Their scream is a dead giveaway. hahahaha
      July 29, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

LMAO The mouse trap idea is priceless. 
      July 29, 2017 6:01 PM MDT

• Well, I did when I was dating. The problem is when you have someone really attractive with you, is that you must speak softly and carry a big stick. 
      July 29, 2017 5:44 PM MDT

Now in reverse I can assure you I can be the friendliest most distant Ice Princess you have ever met.
    Men find there is no way in to get close to me.  Everyone parts on good terms because I respond to nothing. I can be like a brick wall. In all my professional corporate life I never once crossed the line and dated or so much as had coffee with anyone. 
    Now that I'm married my ring speaks for me and no one had better disrespect my sweetie. Ever.
    If they do he will be the first one to find out about it. 

"Regardless of who it might be."
    This post was edited by . at July 29, 2017 6:02 PM MDT
      July 29, 2017 5:44 PM MDT

I dont mind, for he is dead inside a box on our fire place mantel. This post was edited by carbonproduct at July 29, 2017 6:23 PM MDT
      July 29, 2017 6:22 PM MDT

I'm used to it. And I check other people out, too. It's completely normal and natural to look. 
      July 29, 2017 9:50 PM MDT

Np, it just proves I have good taste. Doesn't happen much any more, she's 49. Did happen a fair bit when we were younger - she got hit on more than once, despite wearing my brand.
    We have a rule - "If you didn't look, you'd be dead. Touch, and you WILL be dead."
      July 30, 2017 2:11 AM MDT

Our rule is, "You can look at the menu but don't you dare order anything."
      July 30, 2017 2:14 AM MDT

I wouldn't care. It's such a plague how possessive we feel over our SO's that we feel the need to shield them from "prying eyes". 

When a waterfall, or a beautiful cloudy sky catches your eyes, you look, it's instinctive.. we appreciate beauty, and we do it by looking. It's the same thing with people. This post was edited by nobodylair.37 at July 30, 2017 9:44 PM MDT
      July 30, 2017 9:42 PM MDT