Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » I just ordered myself a new fountain pen.. question is, do I deserve it and will I use it?

I just ordered myself a new fountain pen.. question is, do I deserve it and will I use it?

Especially as we all know most of us never write nowdays.. but I used to love writing and my favourite fountain pen I discovered is broken.   This one was pretty so I ordered it :P

Posted - July 30, 2017

Responses

• I would not have suspected they even exist any more.
      July 30, 2017 4:24 PM MDT

LOL they do! Lots of them.. things of beauty they are too :)
      July 31, 2017 1:58 AM MDT

i think you deserve it and hopefully you will use it
      July 30, 2017 4:40 PM MDT

Can you pay for it?  Do you take money that is supposed to be someone else's to pay for it?

THEN OF COURSE YOU DESERVE IT.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.  Let go of that guilt though.

FYI here are some that some President or other used.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 30, 2017 5:45 PM MDT
      July 30, 2017 5:44 PM MDT

Excellent thinking - yes I can afford it, it didn't cost much :)  And I will love and appreciate it :)
      July 31, 2017 1:59 AM MDT

Well you better use it if you're buying it. I have a lovely fountain pen that came with a collection of fancy pens and it is quite a beauty.
      July 31, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

A Parker Presidential in 18kt gold? 

https://www.montgomerypens.com/parker-duofold-presidential-esparto-18kt-solid-gold-fountain-pen-medium-nib

(Who said that words were cheap?)

Not counting my set of jewel-tipped K&E drafting pens I used to have a Waterman fountain pen and a Rotring fountain pen back when a friend of mine was HEAVILY into them (he mixed his own color ink) but they're just too much of a pain to take care of, keep clean. Heck, I wouldn't know which fountain pen to buy these days. 

July 31, 2017 10:53 AM MDT

• "Impulse Buying" ... the real foundation behind an economy. :))
      August 27, 2017 12:40 PM MDT