Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I've read that Kim Jung-un is about a year or two away from having a nuclear warhead. How can anyone know that? What if he has one NOW?

I've read that Kim Jung-un is about a year or two away from having a nuclear warhead. How can anyone know that? What if he has one NOW?

Posted - July 31, 2017

Responses

i would hope there isnt going to be a war at all
      July 31, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

He already has a few, he just doesn't have a reliable way of delivering it (yet).
      July 31, 2017 7:40 PM MDT

Oh. Great! Isn't that just hunky dory? He has to figure out a way to attach one to his successfully launched ICBM. How hard could that be Sbf? I read that the latest one that was tested can reach California. No problem. It might even be able to reach Chicago! What did you think of those flyovers the Doofus ordered over Korea? "A show of strength"! To do what? Deter Jung-un? Flexing muscle? Typical dumbhead response I think. Talk big but hide behind tweets thousands of miles away. Geez!  :( Thank you for your reply.
      August 1, 2017 2:53 AM MDT

"One swallow does not a summer make". He's managed ONE (apparently) successful test. Umpteen failures.
      August 1, 2017 3:30 AM MDT

But that last one was doozie! It will reach California and it  COULD reach Chicago. Not to worry? So. Don't worry my gray-haired head yet? Deal. Let me know when I should! Thank you for your reply Sbf and Happy Wednesday! :)
      August 2, 2017 3:29 AM MDT

Estimates place his nuclear stockpile at anywhere between 13 and 21 warheads; don't know what types though (fission or fusion) but it's believed that North Korea has tested at least one fusion device.

And if reports on this weekend's ICBM test are true then it looks like he may have sufficient delivery capability to get one to Des Moines So he can cancel his FedEx account.
      July 31, 2017 8:00 PM MDT