Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Would you arrange plans with someone you met and were close with online, from out-of-state, to visit your home for a few days and nights?

Would you arrange plans with someone you met and were close with online, from out-of-state, to visit your home for a few days and nights?

Posted - July 21, 2016

Responses

Yes. One of my online friends visited me and I made him sleep in my kid's playroom. lol

July 21, 2016 10:00 PM MDT

Ha! I love it! I'm not the only crazy one, then. ;)

July 21, 2016 10:06 PM MDT

What, again?  Ok, sure.  There's plenty of room at my place.

~

July 21, 2016 10:10 PM MDT

lol No, if you know someone really well, I don't see a problem with it.

Who are you hosting? O_o Should we vet them? Or should we all come over to ensure your safety? Party at lovelywarpedlemon's house!!!

July 21, 2016 10:11 PM MDT

Would you like a blanket? It sure looks cold in there.

July 21, 2016 10:13 PM MDT

hahaaaa, Yeah, sure, let's go! I'll make Sidecars and sandwiches and everybody can sleep in tents. 

July 21, 2016 10:26 PM MDT

July 21, 2016 10:29 PM MDT

Keep talking.  I haven't invited you over yet, but I can prepare a place for you too.

~

July 21, 2016 10:37 PM MDT

Oh goody! It'll be like camp and we can be bunkmates. We'll have s'mores and cocoa and tell ghost stories! ... Where are you going? You haven't finished the second hole yet. 

July 22, 2016 12:12 AM MDT

Uh Huh

July 22, 2016 12:16 AM MDT

God I missed you guys as a team like this.  I haven't seen you two in action since Answer Bag and I loved you both more when I saw you interact with one another.   It is amazing that you are connected STILL. 

Yeay Randy

Yeay Just Asking 

You guys are still hilar

July 22, 2016 12:18 AM MDT

Was that an "Mmm-hmm" or an "Mm-mm"? 

July 22, 2016 12:22 AM MDT

Nope. We don't have enough space nor a guest room. My mom doesn't like visits. Also, since I don't have a car nor money I would not be able to go with the guest to anywhere interesting.

July 22, 2016 12:23 AM MDT

*Takes a bow*

It's kind of a shame all that stuff's gone now. I could have republished it in a book and made some money. Not Randy D, though... everyone knows I was the real talent. ;)

July 22, 2016 12:24 AM MDT

• Not just anyone, no.

In my case, 60, no libido, and married,

when I offer an invitation like that

it means the chance of becoming closer friends.

I would do it only if the first meeting went very well

and all my instincts cried yes, this is okay;

my husband will probably like this person.

We live in the country,

so having people to stay for several days is no big deal.

I would not generalise from my situation and choices to that of others

because there are too many variables.

If you are young and inexperienced

I would recommend taking a lot more time to get to know someone

before inviting them home,

and heed all warnings, even the tiniest flickers.

Test their boundaries when they make a request.

If someone accepts a no immediately, then that's usually a good sign.

If they don't, get out fast.

July 22, 2016 12:43 AM MDT

Yeah, totally. There is a friend I've known for quite some time that I'd love to meet in person.

July 22, 2016 2:13 AM MDT

If that individual turns out to be someone other than their online personna, then you would be uncomfortably stuck with an awkward houseguest situation. It is probably better to get a room somewhere.

July 22, 2016 2:30 AM MDT

No.
      July 22, 2016 2:46 AM MDT

Sharonna, thank you very much for your kind words, you're a sweetheart for mentioning the good ol' days. I'm glad you enjoy our banter so much.

Now that were reduced to signing the occasional autograph at shopping mall openings and the rare engagement at a corporate luncheon, a church bazaar or a third-rate convention hall, I'm seriously considering writing a tell-all book. It's time the world learns the truth about how I carried the act for the majority of the time while letting "someone" think she was the talent. No one knows how many times I had to search for my 'partner' in coffee-addiction rehab clinics in the seedy parts of whatever burg we were signed up for a gig. We never broke even because half the take went to bail money after 'le eye' was caught driving around town with kidnap victims in her trunk, or the numerous pay-offs I had to make to hotels and motels after 'lovergirl' trashed a room in response to a bad breakup of yet another failed fling. I wrote the material, I showed up each rehearsal on time, I was better at ad-lib, I dealt with agents and foreign dignitaries and managers, I booked shows, I arranged interviews, I made sure the travel plans were in place, I kept stalkers at bay, I argued with censors to keep the tassels in the act, etc.
    I'm not vindictive; I just want the record to be clear.
    ~
      July 22, 2016 5:44 AM MDT

No. Not in my house that's dangerous. I maybe would meet in a public place first and go from there (still not to my house)
      July 22, 2016 6:12 AM MDT

Sorry, no.

July 22, 2016 10:56 AM MDT

Yes!  I have a couple of online friends I have chatted with for years and it is on my bucket list to not only meet them, but spend some time with them.  I know we would be pretty self entertaining since we often laugh until we are in tears in our daily email chats.  I consider them some of my closest friends in life already.

July 22, 2016 12:42 PM MDT

July 22, 2016 12:44 PM MDT

ahhhhh I am in bliss once more.

You guys are kind of like that Moonlighting pair but better.  More insane.  The fact that it was a detective/comedy should not be lost on either of you.

July 22, 2016 12:45 PM MDT