Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » A religious and nation leader called for an author to be murdered with a promise of heaven. Do you think this is right?
D&D

A religious and nation leader called for an author to be murdered with a promise of heaven. Do you think this is right?

I inform all zealous Muslims of the world that the author of the book entitled The Satanic Verses — which has been compiled, printed and published in opposition to Islam, the Prophet, and the Qur'an — and all those involved in its publication who were aware of its content, are sentenced to death. I call on all zealous Muslims to execute them quickly, wherever they may be found, so that no one else will dare to insult the Muslim sanctities. God Willing, whoever is killed on this path is a martyr.[6]Ruhollah Khomeini 

Because of this several people were maimed and killed (those involved in translation and publication of The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie. A fiction novel.

Posted - August 6, 2017

Responses

• No, it was not right, though it is my understanding that this happened quite a while ago. An absurd attempt by Iran to fight the west culturally. 
      August 6, 2017 3:39 PM MDT

Well, seeing as people are killed because of his call I'd say he committed the worst of sins.
      August 9, 2017 8:12 AM MDT

dont sound right to me
      August 6, 2017 3:47 PM MDT

nope not right
    very wrong
    wrong to do
    wrong understanding of life
    wrong understanding of God
    and the karmic Sledge hammer
    of such atrocious thinking and actions
    is inescapable.
      August 6, 2017 4:18 PM MDT

• It is the glory of Allah and Islam. A civilized religion of peace.
      August 6, 2017 8:32 PM MDT

• Nyet, it is quite barbaric. If Muslims kill everyone who does not became a Muslim, they will try to kill most of the world. I do not recall the exact figures, but 85% of the world may not be Muslim.
      August 12, 2017 9:29 AM MDT