Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Brave/courageous. Can that be achieved with mere words? What are the most courageous/bravest words you've ever heard? From whom and why?

Brave/courageous. Can that be achieved with mere words? What are the most courageous/bravest words you've ever heard? From whom and why?

Posted - August 7, 2017

Responses

When an able seaman rank told an Admiral to "eff off"!

A Canadian,  American and Russian Admirals were sitting around yakking when the American got an idea: "i'll bet the American sailors are bravest".
    So he calls an American sailor over and says "swim out and circle that island just offshore here".
    (Everybody knows this area is shark infested)
    American guy is a very fast swimmer and circles the island,  swims ashore several sharks were trying to get him. His Admiral congratulates his braveness "atta boy, sailor"!
    Russian Admiral calls one of his men over: "swim around that island sailor"! Rusky does but has to fight off the sharks but makes it back ashore kind of bloodied. "Bravo! Good man" 
    Canadian Admiral calls over to a Canadian sailor "swim around that island, me lad" 
    "Eff off"! the sailor retorts.
    Canadian Admiral to the others "see now that is REAL bravery to tell an Admiral to 'Eff off'. This post was edited by Kittigate at August 8, 2017 2:19 AM MDT
      August 7, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

Hah! Very cute Kg. Thank you for sharing that example with us and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      August 8, 2017 2:19 AM MDT

i dont think so
      August 7, 2017 2:00 PM MDT