Discussion » Questions » Travel » For your next vacation, who's up for a visit to NYC and President Trump's childhood home in Jamaica Estates, Queens?

For your next vacation, who's up for a visit to NYC and President Trump's childhood home in Jamaica Estates, Queens?

It sleeps 20 and is listed for only $816/night on airbnb.com! Who's first in line - Rosie? Sharonna? Slartibartfast? Adaydreambeliever? Check it out!

Posted - August 9, 2017

Responses

Very cool. Took a tour of that house. Must have been a little creepy staying overnight- by yourself! 
      August 9, 2017 5:18 PM MDT

I know more about the Lizzie Borden case than any other murder case. When I went there, it all came to life, so to speak.
    But, interestingly, I only had a pervading sense of sadness the moment I stepped into the house. I never got scared or creeped out.
    But the thought of being the only guest for the entire night seemed strange - - arguably the world's most famous murder case of the entire 1800's (it made world-wide news) -- and here I was, alone in the house, sleeping in Andrew and Abby's bedroom. (I was upgraded to their room since I was the only guest --  my reservation was for Bridget the maid's third story room.)
    It was all fascinating.
    :)
      August 9, 2017 6:26 PM MDT

• I DID THAT TOUR! lol

It was very very cool!
      August 9, 2017 5:51 PM MDT

I added more details under LyricalOne's comment -- check it out. 
    But, yes, I agree with you, Jon - - anything about the Lizzie Borden case fascinates me, let alone sleeping alone in the house where everything happened.
    :)
    I don't mean to make light of the tragedy of it all, though. And it sounds like that is what I'm doing.
      August 9, 2017 6:29 PM MDT

Meh, house nothing special, area nothing special, occupant nothing special.
      August 9, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

The Trump family no longer owns it anyway.
      August 9, 2017 5:11 PM MDT

I'd rather take the Grand Central West to the city or East to the island.

People in the neighborhood must be pissed that it's become an Airbnb house.
      August 9, 2017 5:15 PM MDT

I think so. It was a big story on NY1 News today.
      August 9, 2017 6:21 PM MDT

I would rather sacrifice a year of my life to decline.

August 9, 2017 6:39 PM MDT

You're obviously very gullible. You'll believe anything, won't you?
      August 9, 2017 7:12 PM MDT

Yes.  That's what this means. 

I'm gullible.  There is no reason to ever post this.  Because Trump does not think like this at all.  Does he?

August 9, 2017 7:20 PM MDT

Even though he has Jews in his family and has shown no propensity toward genocide, you keep posting that ridiculous meme because for some bizarre reason, YOU need and want to believe he's Hitler.
      August 9, 2017 9:23 PM MDT

Look.  That just isn't close to why or what.

The POINT is he says such insane bullshit that is at least as bad as this.... that is what that meme is.

And as far as Hitler?  He is WORSE.  He is not as bad. He is worse.  He gets away with MURDER.  He is a racist.  He is a hater.  And he is a Charlie Manson.  He finds the weird and warped to do his dirty work.

No difference.  Both NUTS as anything.   No moral core.  No sense of any concern over any mass effect his actions would have as long as he gets his way.

He would send everyone outside of America that does not do his bidding to the depths of hell and not think twice about it.  Do not kid yourself.  Same person.
      August 9, 2017 9:32 PM MDT

Hey, if you're paranoid enough, maybe someone in the White House is monitoring Answermug and someone will knock on your door in the middle of the night and make you go with them!
      August 10, 2017 8:47 AM MDT

This is not your forte' Stu.  It makes no sense.  No wonder I make no sense to you.

Stick with what you know.  I am not paranoid. 
      August 10, 2017 8:51 AM MDT

Maybe, maybe not. But perhaps you and Rosie should be sleeping with one eye open!
      August 10, 2017 9:58 AM MDT

I wouldn't be interested in a stay at that place, but at a little over 40 bucks apiece for 20 people it would be a bargin, if interested This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at August 9, 2017 9:30 PM MDT
      August 9, 2017 9:18 PM MDT

Stu, question for you. Hypothetical and still early to speculate understood. If Trump's cronies were convicted of crimes and he pardoned all of them, would that constitute grounds for impeachment? Pardons have obviously crossed his mind and I was just wondering about the consequences.
      August 9, 2017 9:29 PM MDT

Probably, although I'm no legal or constitutional expert.
      August 9, 2017 10:33 PM MDT

• NYC ... "PASS!!"
      August 9, 2017 9:33 PM MDT

Don't blame you. ESPECIALLY if you're driving a truck.
      August 9, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

me , i wouldnt mind going to ny, used to live there and i miss it
      August 10, 2017 5:55 PM MDT

• My mother's oldest sister lives near it. I stay with her when I visit New York. I do not need to pay for a hotel when my aunt has a big house. New York is fun to visit. I have gone to movies at 8:00 AM at Times Square. Where else can you do that? I find rare watches there that I rarely see anywhere else. Today, I wear a Vacheron Constantin "Les Historiques Ellipse" wristwatch that costs $36,800. Where else can I find it? 
      August 31, 2017 1:07 PM MDT