Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Math » How many grams are in an ounce?

How many grams are in an ounce?

Posted - August 10, 2017

Responses

• "28.3495"
      August 10, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

Thank you.  I just purchased a gram of Citrix.   It is a wonderful strain of Indica and Sativa strains of marijuana.   I just tried it after reading this review and it is just excellent.  I don't even like to smoke bud much anymore because I like the edibles a lot bettter, but this is great bud.  I will now star * what will be  my personal comments to separate them from the review....

Strain Highlights

Citrix is a hybrid cannabis strain that draws its genetics from a flavorful Grapefruit mother and a resinous LA Confidential male. Named for its intense orange aroma, Citrix entices the senses before drawing you into its active, clear-headed euphoria.

*YES. IT DOES.  I am going to get off my lazy butt on my day off and get my oil changed and also do another unwanted chore.  Pay some bills.  What else?  Clean house.  I feel euphoric. 

If Citrix makes it into your garden, the telltale signs of a good phenotype include a pungent aroma, disease resistance, heavy yields, rapid vegetative growth, and a dense bud structure.

*So, I purchased said gram for $6.   I wanted to know if this was a deal.  I need to a) see how much an oz. of Citrix goes for (research to follow) and then multiply it by roughly 29 oz.   Stay tuned.

*6 x 29 = (I can do simple math like a pro) LOL  = $174.00   THAT IS A STEAL.  I'm gonna buy more. 

Nature's Medicines
    Phoenix,AZ
    4576 Reviews

Dispensary

1/8's Starting At $20

$10.00 Gram
    $33.05 Eighth
    $66.50 Quarter
    $124.60 Half
    $249.20

* I made out like a bandit. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 10, 2017 6:42 PM MDT
      August 10, 2017 10:50 AM MDT

Wait...I thought you only grew it, not use it.
      August 10, 2017 6:14 PM MDT

HUMMMMMM!!!!!
      August 10, 2017 10:52 AM MDT

Beans, I live in Sun City.   Home of the Republican over 80 crowd.  And me.  Well let me tell ya.  These folk are the main customers at the local marijuana dispensary.  Because they get off a lot of bad meds and are fine on the right strains of this stuff when it is diagnosed properly.

It's amazing what it can do if you don't abuse it, that is.  (I kind of abuse it myself though)
      August 10, 2017 11:06 AM MDT

I  wonder if my aunt Diane one of your customers.
      August 10, 2017 6:15 PM MDT

I have never sold pot in my life.  So that would be a big N.O.

I gave it away when I had some to give.

August 10, 2017 8:02 PM MDT

I guess I will go watch 'Cheech and Chongs' Next Movie'.  I  don't use any narcotics but I have a garden full of 'carefully selected' tomato plants. There are Big Zac, Mariana's Peace,  Dixie Golden Giant,  and  Mushroom Basket.  
      August 10, 2017 1:49 PM MDT

no idea, im not good in math
      August 10, 2017 1:59 PM MDT

ALF is correct, but not. Grams are a measure of mass and ounces are a measure of weight or volume. An apples and oranges thingy.
      August 10, 2017 6:11 PM MDT

I KNOW you are right.  But they measure pot this way.  Who knows why?

Bizarrreeeee   Damned drug addicts.
      August 10, 2017 6:13 PM MDT

Alf is correct as he did not specify fluid ounces, just ounces.

"Ounce" is a word that has at least two different meanings. In one instance it does indeed refer to a unit of mass. The other definition refers to volume and is generally called the fluid ounce. Either can be applied to liquids, solids and gases (and probably plasmas) which sometimes adds greatly to the confusion.

The real fly in the ointment is that there have been (historically) so may different definitions for ounces relating to mass:

Mass of ounce units
    (Variant)                                                                             (grams)                       (grains)
    International avoirdupois ounce                                          28.349523125                 437.5
    International troy ounce                                                     31.1034768                    480
    Apothecaries' ounce                                                           31.1034768                    480
    Maria Theresa ounce                                                          28.0668
    Spanish ounce (onza)                                                         28.75
    French ounce (once)                                                          30.59
    Portuguese ounce (onça)                                                    28.69
    Roman/Italian ounce (oncia)                                               27.4
    Dutch metric ounce (ons)                                                   100
    Chinese metric ounce (盎司)                                                50
    English Tower Ounce                                                          29.16                               450

There are a couple of different fluid ounce standards as well:

Unit conversions (imperial) 1 imp fl oz in ... ... is equal to ...    SI units    28.41306 ml    US customary units    0.9607599 US fl oz Unit conversions (US) 1 US fl oz in ... ... is equal to ...    SI units    29.57353 ml    Imperial units    1.040843 imp fl oz

August 10, 2017 10:40 PM MDT

All of that is irrelevant. as I was only referring to Sharonna's question. Interesting, you never mentioned Newtons, the SI unit of weight. Also, weed is a solid. I and Sharrona are not Brits, Portuguese, Chinese, Dutch etc. Also the unit of mass in the so-called British system is called a Slug.
      August 13, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

No, it's not irrelevant. Your point is irrelevant. (We can get into such measurement units as stones and the origin of grains and why there's Troy vs. avoirdupois if you want to get into the weeds.) 

And no, "weed" is not a solid. It's a combination of solids and liquids. Any farmer or timberman knows that moisture content is an important part of any agricultural product be it corn, hay, wheat, timber or "weed". I doubt that you would be willing to pay as much for "fresh, off-the-stock "product as you would for something that's been partially dehydrated.
      August 13, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

Wa high do you ask Shar to the ROna? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? ;O

This post was edited by carbonproduct at August 10, 2017 6:39 PM MDT
      August 10, 2017 6:36 PM MDT