Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you ever put the cat among the pigeons metaphorically speaking?

Do you ever put the cat among the pigeons metaphorically speaking?

Posted - August 11, 2017

Responses

I think that borders on evil and manipulative in the worst way. 

That is unless the cat is the good guy and the pigeons are the ones that need to be culled.

Then it is a good thing.

August 11, 2017 11:57 AM MDT

Agreed... I am both a bird lover and a cat lover and have frequently kept both.  My only thought was metaphorical.  It's a daft expression I agree when you think about it.. it would indeed be cruel in the highest degree to literally put a cat among pigeons.  I have a cat/pigeon related story to tell at the end..  but metaphorically is it always cruel and manipulative?  I think not always :) 

SO the cat and pigeon story... I have a cat-proof garden,, they can't get out, birds can get in..  I have also, in this garden, a feline home from home, a feline des-res and several felines were in residence one day.. somehow a pigeon got in there.. did the felines catch it? I cannot imagine so as the bird was completely unharmed when I went, saw it there and let it out.. The cats were literally asleep in their beds and taking no notice of the bird...  So I can only think that these cats are excessively stupid.. they truly wouldn't know what to do with a pigeon if they caught one.. 
      August 11, 2017 12:17 PM MDT

Metaforically yes.
    I rather like it when someone gives me the chance ;-)) MWaMwamwaHa (Best evil laugh I can do, sorry)
      August 11, 2017 12:22 PM MDT

no cause i dont have a cat around
      August 11, 2017 2:47 PM MDT