Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If God were a person of color would He smite all whites who belong to the KKK, White Nationalists and ALT-Right Whites? Should He?

If God were a person of color would He smite all whites who belong to the KKK, White Nationalists and ALT-Right Whites? Should He?

Posted - August 12, 2017

Responses

• I cannot begin to speak for God, nor would I try. I suspect that if he decided to "smite" bigots and bigotry, there wouldn't many folks left out here. Hate and bigotry is not the exclusive domain of any one ethnic or racial group. It is widespread and all encompassing. It takes many forms and identities. Some is more overt than others. Some is more subtle and hidden, yet just as lethal. What is interesting is the broad spectrum of actions that are termed as bigotry. It seems to embrace everything from simple disagreement which is benign, to acts of violence and bloodshed. 
      August 12, 2017 9:41 AM MDT

excuse me for not being sure about the "yet just as lethal" but a very good post. Forms of what you talk about are evident right here on AM itself, down to the point of how we respond to different posts. We'll find that if we're honest to ourselves.
      August 12, 2017 3:01 PM MDT

I think there is a huge difference between my preferring to be in the company of civil, polite and knowledgeable people and my belonging to a hate group whose goal it is to annihilate/injure/harm others . Don't you?  Preference/prejudice. What's the difference? I have a preference for broccoli and a prejudice against all foods with hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, food dyes (unless they are from natural sources like beets, carrots, etc), preservatives . None of my preferences or prejudices harm others in any way.  The prejudices of hate groups are specifically for that purpose. Harming those of whom they disapprove because of whatever. Thank you for your reply G! :)
      August 14, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

Well, color is philosophically an accidental form, not a substantial form.   But more importantly, I think he likes diversity and has created such for our amusement.  But I will admit, I don't always know when I'm supposed to laqugh---which is most likely my fault. This post was edited by tom jackson at August 14, 2017 3:49 AM MDT
      August 12, 2017 10:24 AM MDT

So He likes hate groups then because they provide diversity? Is that your position tom? They are here for our amusement..as objects of ridicule? Apologies but I don't get your point. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      August 14, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

I remember reading (somewhere) that the diversity in human looks and colors provided to us was to increase our enjoyment and that unfortunately we used it instead to hate.   I was referring to that observation of irony that I read some years ago.
      August 14, 2017 12:12 PM MDT

If God were a person of color would He smite all whites who belong to the KKK, White Nationalists and ALT-Right Whites? Should He?

===================================================================================

1- I should be very wary of any God that has been given the characteristics of, or exclusively addresses or favours, a particular race or group of people. Such a God is most likely to have been invented by that race or group of people to justify their supremacist attitudes and behaviour.

2- A God who's "a person of colour" is more likely to be found in scriptures, or belief systems, of people of colour, and may very well encourage condemnation, and worse, of "all whites who belong to the KKK, White Nationalists and ALT-Right Whites"

3- There actually was/is a group of people calling themselves The Nation of Islam who used to teach that Whites were the children of the Devil, or some such bigotry

4- Jesus is mostly portrayed as a white man and God as portrayed in Michelangelo's painting on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel is also white.

5- God is of course the God of the universe yet in the Bible He is portrayed as being in the image of earthly man [He created man in His image]. 
      August 12, 2017 4:41 PM MDT

I read your reply CLURT. It seems to be a lecture rather than an answer to the question I asked . Thank  you for your thoughts and Happy Monday. This post was edited by RosieG at August 14, 2017 6:17 AM MDT
      August 14, 2017 3:53 AM MDT

TY Rosie I love feed back. It gives me a reason to review my thoughts.

I see that even half a dozen short sentences can be seen as a lecture.

It's a lecture presented to you the professor who asked the question and its points are numbered to make it easy for the professor to question or point out any mistake in. If none are questionable or have any mistake in them then I'm pleased to know that.

Happy Monday to you too

August 14, 2017 6:38 AM MDT

i dont think so
      August 13, 2017 5:55 PM MDT

God is ALL persons.

He is not a smiter.  That is the Christian version of God. 

God is much worse.  God is an ignorer.

You disrespect your brothers and sisters, you disrespect God. Therefore God automatically disappears and you don't see or know Him anymore.  Try living without knowing God.  It's impossible to navigate properly.  It's like being blind and yet not realizing that you ARE blind.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 14, 2017 6:47 AM MDT
      August 14, 2017 6:45 AM MDT

•  First, you need to know that God doesn't look at people the same way humans look at humans. How does God see us, what does He see when He looks at us? God sees the real us, the inside, the part that matters. Since God sees into our hearts, He sees our essence, what is completely true and real. God sees everything in us; there is no hiding anything from Him. With that in mind, what GOD sees in the hearts of the KKK, White Nationalists, and ALT-Right Whites, is the crux of the matter here. It's not up to me to say whether or not GOD should or will smite those people. Only He knows whether he will or not.

August 16, 2017 3:04 AM MDT