Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Which of these is a unit of work: A watt B meter C joule or D newton?

Which of these is a unit of work: A watt B meter C joule or D newton?

Posted - August 13, 2017

Responses

• I think joule, but not sure. It certainly isn't metre. 
      August 13, 2017 7:09 PM MDT

I'll say C.  I used to be great at guessing multiple choice, but since I went to massage school, I totally suck at it.  I always guess wrong.  I am forced to actually study.

August 13, 2017 8:02 PM MDT

C joule.
    A watt is a unit of energy, a metre a unit of distance and a newton a unit of force. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at August 15, 2017 12:48 AM MDT
      August 13, 2017 9:31 PM MDT

• Subsequent to my response, I did a quick lookup on the Net. A watt is the unit of power, joule is of energy.
      August 13, 2017 11:31 PM MDT

I salute youSlartibarfast.

Not only for your knowledge and accuracy but also for your amazing ability to direct accordingly.  If there ever a was a wonderful guide through out our Universe, I would wish magic among us that you would be my guide.  I promise.  I will always bring an extra clean towel by my side for you.  Thank you.  You have hit all the questions and with amazing speed and talent.  :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at August 15, 2017 1:11 AM MDT
      August 15, 2017 1:10 AM MDT

The joule is the unit of work, the unit of energy. It represents the work expended by a force of one newton through a "displacement" of one meter. Or it can be considered to be the energy dissipated when one watt of power is expended for a period of one second. This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at August 15, 2017 12:48 AM MDT
      August 13, 2017 10:49 PM MDT

Please ride upon the twinkles of the meteors and know, Merlin thinks you are correct.  I'm only a wizardress in some dimensions, but I am sure you add the spice of knowledge in all of them.  Thanks Salt and Red Pepper!  I really am not sure of the answer... but others are and you fit right in :) :)
      August 15, 2017 1:17 AM MDT

Joule, definitely.
      August 14, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

Im just guessing, but i think HarryDemon is correct. ;)
      August 14, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

I would bare to guess all physics laws will lend themselves to such names as Harry and Joule.  
    And therefore, Shar, Harry Demon, and carbonproduct are correct, according to the definitive laws of physics.
    And so, let it be known, thanks for playing.
    The prize?
    Under Door #3!!
    Shar to the Rona is going to reward you with....
    I know Shar to the Rona is going to ask..
    (I had to put your full name in there to make sure you were summoned by the jury for your rightful guess) 
    You know, I always play fair and I say:
    If you are made of carbon and live happily on the planet earth, you do know about space and everything that travels in it.
    I would tend to gather that the dark matter is a lot bigger than the gravity our lovely planet has yet to muster.

August 15, 2017 1:06 AM MDT

not sure, never heard of them
      August 14, 2017 2:54 PM MDT