Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Wouldn't this be fun to do? Go to NC where all of the white extremist are protesting and hold up a placard that says:

Wouldn't this be fun to do? Go to NC where all of the white extremist are protesting and hold up a placard that says:

(First put a star of David on the top) 'Hey, redneck Trump supporters, my daddy owns the coal mine that he shut down and you don't work for anymore.' Wear a yarmulke, of course.

Posted - August 14, 2017

Responses

No.  I haven't any interest in getting shot.

I would, however, be willing to hold up a placard that said:  Gai kakhen afenyam 

This post was edited by Harry at August 16, 2017 10:19 AM MDT
      August 14, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

LMAO - it's been such a long time since I heard that expression.
      August 14, 2017 7:08 PM MDT

My nana taught me a few of important yiddish phrases and words.  ;-)
      August 15, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

My grandmother was so thrilled that she was able to learn English when she came here from Russia that she didn't speak with any of her grandchildren in Yiddish.  My parents were both here, so they only spoke English unless they didn't want us to know what they were saying.
      August 15, 2017 7:57 PM MDT

LOL.  Exactly the same here, Russia, but my grandmother was a child when she came over.  She spoke both languages.  My parents understood Yiddish but didn't speak it. So, as with you, when any of the grandparents didn't want us to know what they were saying, they spoke in Yiddish. 
      August 16, 2017 5:40 AM MDT

My paternal grandmother came here by herself from Russia when she was about 19.  My paternal grandfather came here from Poland and was already here when she came.  They met through the organization in which he was involved that was bringing immigrants from Russia, married and raised their family of four. 

August 16, 2017 8:31 AM MDT

Wow!  My maternal grandfather came here by himself from Russia when he was 19!  He was supposed to work and send money back home to get the rest of the family out.  Unfortunately, they were all killed in one of the pogroms.  He had an arranged marriage to my grandmother who was born here (not the same Nana I was talking about above), when he was 36 and she was 21.  Not a happy or good marriage.   
      August 16, 2017 1:38 PM MDT

What a coincidence.  I think my grandma was the youngest of the family.  Her two brothers had already come to the U.S.  My grandfather's brothers went to Israel and I've never met that branch of the family.  Their marriage was not arranged and they seemed to get on well. 
      August 16, 2017 6:27 PM MDT

Lovely idea, anyone in the demonstration who understood it wouldent dare to admit that they did in front of the others. Still you would probably get your toes stepped on or have other 'accidents' happen to you.
      August 16, 2017 10:15 AM MDT

LOL!  Jakob, I'd have to hope none of them bothered to take the time to translate it on their cell phones.  Still, I don't think I'd get shot over that.  But, you might be right, I could have other "accidents" happen to me.  

Meh, I'd chance it.

August 16, 2017 1:41 PM MDT

They would be beating you up about the jobs...not about being Jewish. 
      August 14, 2017 4:01 PM MDT

So, that is fine.  You are so right.  RIGHT being the operative word here.

Aren't you ready to give up on Trump YET?   I am starting to wonder about YOU now.  Backing someone who you think is great is one thing.  But after what he did this weekend, and your continuing to back him?  You are starting to really scare me. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 16, 2017 10:22 AM MDT
      August 16, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

Again....it is about policy issues. Always has been and on policy President Trump is batting 1000.
      August 16, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

Mthinks you think too much :) The main thing is they would know harry wasnt one of them. I didnt know it was jewish either untill I looked it up. And yes, it is an insult, "go piss in the ocean", Traditionally used to drive of annoingly persistent salesmen.
      August 16, 2017 7:18 PM MDT

Wasn't it the Obama administration that took the actions that lead to shutting down the coal mining operations in the US? 

Maybe those hard working "rednecks" that had their jobs cut off at the knees are on to something.
      August 14, 2017 4:24 PM MDT

August 17, 2017 3:52 AM MDT

Oh please. How about something from a real, credible source? 

The ultra left wing Huffington Post is not a credible source. Can't provide that though, a credible source, can you.

But here it is right from the horse's  . . uh. mouth . . . intentionally bankrupting the coal industry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpTIhyMa-Nw

But on the plus side at least Obama didn't get the chance to "skyrocket the cost of electricity like he promised when he was campaigning, did he? (That was probably due to that other dreaded enemy of the progressive liberals, fracking. That made a lot of natural gas available for generating electricity. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4 This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at August 17, 2017 1:56 PM MDT
      August 17, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

• Only if you present it with Mel Brooks inspired song and dance routine.
      August 14, 2017 4:42 PM MDT

LMAO!  Good to see you G.
      August 14, 2017 4:44 PM MDT

• It's good to be seen. ;)
      August 14, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

I ditto Harry's comment!
    :)
      August 14, 2017 8:03 PM MDT

No. If i went to NYC i think id do something more fun than that.
      August 14, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

I think that would earn you at the least a good beat down and at the most, a bullet to the head.  That isn't my idea of fun.
      August 14, 2017 7:09 PM MDT

Why sure.  You will NOT be shot.  The President guarantees that no guns were fired.  No one was seriously hurt.

????  I wonder of Baron were run over if he'd say this.

So, if you don't mind getting hit head-on with a car, you should be just fine.  Go ahead.

August 16, 2017 10:19 AM MDT