Active Now

Danilo_G
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Why are Jews "the chosen people" and not whites? Did God make a mistake? Did He not get it right?

Why are Jews "the chosen people" and not whites? Did God make a mistake? Did He not get it right?

Posted - August 17, 2017

Responses

Because the "god" you are asking about was created by the Jews.  So of course they are his chosen people.

LOL
      August 17, 2017 8:19 AM MDT

Dear Genius. JEWS ARE NOT WHITE.  DUH.  

Read a book.
      August 17, 2017 9:22 AM MDT

Seems you are the one with trouble comprehending the written language.
    Nowhere in my short answer did I state or imply that "Jews are white".
    Though to be correct - Jews are a religion, as well as an ethnicity.  So there are "white" Jews.

August 17, 2017 11:47 AM MDT

Simple as that? Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Thursday! :)
      August 17, 2017 10:25 AM MDT

God is right. And Jews are still the chosen ones.
      August 17, 2017 9:07 AM MDT

NO.  GOD is nothing like THAT.

Jews are not CHOSEN for anything more than a role on this planet.  They are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but they are going to fall through the cracks of time if they forget that nothing lasts except the impermanent.   Jews, some day in the future, My 2, will not be called Jews. There will be no Jews anymore in say, 2,000 years.  So are they still chosen?  Yes, they will always be  a people that were chosen in that brief time in history.

Jesus taught a thing.  And Jews do not accept Jesus as God.    I see both sides.  Jesus was not GOD as ONLY GOD.  Jesus was a Nazarene.  I believe he started out Jewish?

There have been tribes throughout history that were chosen by God to do this or that.  This particular tribe helped to manifest God for all to seen through the power of one single individual who knew.  HE KNEW HE WAS GOD. 

You cannot have more personal power than that, My 2.   But He is certainly NOT the only son of God.  We all are.  IF you cannot see that, then He in all His glory is still invisible to you.  You are seeing a fake.  Jesus said WHAT I CAN DO, YOU CAN DO ALSO.  AND MORE.   He searched for truth all his life.  He brought GOD's message to all and it was one of peace and unity.  He manifested fish and loaves because we ALL can acquire that capacity.   He went through the East to Kasmir in India.  He learned from the Sages of the East and came  back with His messages.

He learned from those who already had reached what he was becoming.

SO, that is why the Jews were not 'chosen' as you infer.   They certainly WERE chosen and remembered, but they aren't the only ones any more than Jesus was God's only son.  I don't care what page your are clinging to in your particular Bible that is only 2,000 years old anyway.  Mine is 5,000 and before that there was only the WORD.   Sanskrit comes from THAT.

10,000 years and counting.....

That's what Jesus discovered.  You should try this.  You might love it.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 17, 2017 9:27 AM MDT
      August 17, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

I'm not sure that longevity is the litmus test for what constitutes the best understanding of the nature of reality.
      August 17, 2017 9:27 AM MDT

Thomas?  I SAID that they will be remembered in this brief history of time.  Give me that?  That is the trees. I want you to see the whole forest here?
      August 17, 2017 9:29 AM MDT

I was just responding to this part of your answer---it seemed that it could be taken as a stand alone comment.

I don't care what page your are clinging to in your particular Bible that is only 2,000 years old anyway. Mine is 5,000 and before that there was only the WORD. Sanskrit comes from THAT.

10,000 years and counting.....
      August 17, 2017 10:05 AM MDT

I'd have a problem with a religion that declared "Jews are still the chosen ones" or any particular race of people, because I believe we're all God's creation and equal to Him in our different races
      August 18, 2017 10:30 AM MDT

Wow, Rosie,

I just gave My 2 a LOOONG answer to something related to your topic. 

As far as your topic?  I think this question is just wonderful.  IT is brilliant.  And it SHOULD make up for a lot of the ones you post that others may scoff at.   (guilty)  LOL
      August 17, 2017 9:28 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply. Those who scoff at any of my questions are of zero interest to me. I ask whatever occurs to me and I am fortunate in that I have a dependable group of folks on Answermug who NEVER scoff at any question I ask. Those they like they answer. Those they don't they don't. I like it like that. A lot.
      August 18, 2017 3:29 AM MDT

I’m not a student of Jewish thought on the matter, but some brief research suggests (at least) two possible lines of thought. The first of which is that they are “chosen” because of inherent qualities. The second that it is because of their keeping of the covenant---“Now then, if you will obey Me faithfully and keep My covenant, you shall be My treasured possession among all the peoples.” (Exodus 19:5)

But if I were God, having a chosen people would be a good way to keep all humans aware of the possibility of My existence as I wait to implement further changes in My plan for My creation.

But given what I have just said, I can't answer your question, because i don't know for sure why the Jews were actually chosen.
      August 17, 2017 10:01 AM MDT

((hugs)) That's because you are so darn cute tom! I know that I don't know for sure. Maybe because God knew of all the trials and tribulations they would face? Or knew about Hitler and the Holocaust? I guess there is no maybe. God knows everything. I just wonder how the anti-semitic bigoted Jew-hating WHITE SUPREMACIST so-called Christians can stomach it? Thank you for your reply and appy Thursday! :)
      August 17, 2017 10:24 AM MDT

RE: Hitler / Holocaust

I have posted in other forums that ... if one believes in the god of the Old Testament, and his relationship to the Hebrew people ... perhaps Hitler and the Holocaust were god's way of sending the Jews back to Israel.  No different from the times he used other nations in the Old Testament to punish the Jews, or send them back to their homeland.
      August 17, 2017 11:53 AM MDT

I believe in "the god of the Old Testament," but i disagree that Hitler and the Holocaust was God's way of anything.  You do not believe that any god exists (if I recall correctly), so I would not expect you to have any insight into His mind if He does exist----or even to be able to accurately comment on this reply. This post was edited by tom jackson at August 17, 2017 12:23 PM MDT
      August 17, 2017 12:23 PM MDT

You are correct, that I don't believe in any deity.
    Partially because I was raised in the church and taught their beliefs.

And I see no difference between god of the OT allowing (say) the Babylonians to kill and enslave millions of Jews to punish them for not following his wishes ... and allowing the Nazis to do the same.  "God" gave that land to the Israelite.  Perhaps He got tired of using all other persecutions of them in other lands to hint that they need to go back, and decided to step up his game.

Or maybe it was his way of hinting to the Jews that they should convert to follow Jesus?

In either case ... there is no more proof otherwise, than there is of the existence of said god in the first place.

August 17, 2017 1:18 PM MDT

I had a problem (emphasis on "I") with your description of "God's Way."  To me it implied that God intended rather than permitted Hitler and the Holocaust.

My reaction is based on a concept studied in theology, and trying to effectively explain it would require some background that you would have had absolutely no reason to come across and represents no failure on your part.  And I emphasize it is a concept---I don't claim to know it well enough to try to teach it to anyone.  I am only capable of learning more about it from someone who understands it much better than I do.
      August 17, 2017 1:49 PM MDT

intended vs permitted ... is very hard to differentiate; when we're talking an omniscient, omnipotent being.
    Especially when man's "free will" does not prevent said being from manipulating weather and creatures to persuade man.

"No, you don't HAVE to go to Nineveh.  Just a moment while I cause a storm that may sink your ship and kill all aboard.  Oh, they threw you in the water and you're drowning?  Let me send a creature to swallow you whole and spit you up on a beach near Nineveh.  What?  You see things my way now?  I'm glad you volunteered to go." 

August 17, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Friday. I wonder what God has in store for us futurely?
      August 18, 2017 3:27 AM MDT

• What else can anyone expect? The Jews invented that deity, so naturally, their fiction about him claims he chose them to be his people. Gods all have the personalities of the people who invented them. The men who invented gods were not very intelligent, so their gods are not convincing to rational and objective humans. 
      August 17, 2017 1:03 PM MDT

What? What are you talking about?

Most of the jews in my circle of friends and colleagues ARE Caucasian.
      August 17, 2017 2:59 PM MDT

and that widespread perception may be "WHY ETHIOPIAN JEWS FACE INCREASING DISCRIMINATION AND POLICE BRUTALITY IN ISRAEL" read more in this Newsweek article

August 18, 2017 11:01 AM MDT

It's not a "perception", it's a fact. Most of the jews in my circle of friends and colleagues ARE Caucasian. Don't know what's so hard to understand about that sentence? Never said that ALL jews in the world were Caucasian, just that most that I know, and that I know to be Jewish are. (May be one or two that are black, don't know for sure.) And I don't care if someone is Jewish, or not (unless they're Kosher and I'm providing lunch; then I want to be sure to observe their beliefs if at all possible). Why should that be an issue? (By the way, I'm in the USA, not in Israel.) 

And why would the Israelis persecute Jews of any national origin. That doesn't make any sense. But the article is from Newsweek, so I'm guessing it's just some liberal propaganda. But actually provide a link to the article so we can take a look at it . . .  
      August 18, 2017 11:15 AM MDT