Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » "For God so loved the WORLD....". It isn't "For God so loved the WHITES". Doesn't that mean that all colors are loved by God equally?

"For God so loved the WORLD....". It isn't "For God so loved the WHITES". Doesn't that mean that all colors are loved by God equally?

Posted - August 17, 2017

Responses

Yes, absolutely... anyone who sees it different really isn't someone God is going to be best pleased with..Indeed those who forget that God made all colours and never said anything about treating some of them differently..kinda means that those who think differently had better hope there isn't a God.
      August 17, 2017 8:21 AM MDT

• The Jews were said to be God's chosen people, and women were inferior to men. If he did exist, God would not be pleased with you for speaking for him to suit your biases. Slavery is condoned in the Bible. All of this is not equality. You had best hope there is no God, and that is true. Anyone different from you displeases God you claim. What hubris! You are lucky gods do not exist. 
      August 17, 2017 6:51 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      August 18, 2017 6:15 AM MDT

Well, yes.   But I can argue that just because someone said that, doesn't mean that it was interpreted correctly.   The interpretation of the rest of that speech turns my stomach.

For God so loved the world that he sent HIS only BEGOTTEN SON?  TO BE CRUCIFIED AND DIE?

Oh sure.  That sets the stage for a God that I want ZERO to be a part of.

Thankfully, that is NOT what the reason was.  Jesus was NOT God's only son. Jesus was the Son of GOD and His message was that we are all SONS OF GOD. We are from GOD. He was showing us the WAY.

If you die to the physical, you automatically reach the spiritual.  That was the message.  We don't have to cling to the body as terrified physical pawns.  God is everywhere and we are NOT this body.

That is what Christ's death meant to ME.

That is TRULY WHAT CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS MEANS.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 18, 2017 6:15 AM MDT
      August 17, 2017 8:39 AM MDT

• There is no objective evidence in favor of the existence of any gods or their sons. Thomas Jefferson and Isaac Asimov said that the Bible critically read makes people atheists. Mark Twain agreed. The Bible is poorly-written and has much primitive ignorance of science and numerous gross contradictions, so it proves that quite ignorant humans wrote it. Christians have no valid arguments. They use the crude fiction of the Bible, outrageous lies that are often insulting and logical fallacies to try to prove their beliefs. that only discredits them. Logically, atheism is obviously the true philosophy about gods. 
      August 17, 2017 7:00 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Shar and the graphic. The only intention I have with this question rests on the word "WORLD " not whites.  That's it. Period.
      August 18, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

• I am rather certain that the Jews were God's chosen people in the Bible. The Bible condones slavery. That is far from equality. Cherry picking given verses to suit an agenda is all too common. Women are inferior to men in the Bible. It is unwarranted to claim it teaches equality. Of course, the Bible has numerous contradictions, so someone can perhaps cherry pick something that apparently contradicts these other verses that deny equality. Start the quest. Take your concordances and try desperately to find something. One thing is equal in it, and that is it wants everyone of all types to pay churches well. 
      August 17, 2017 6:45 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply. My intention with this question rests solely on the word "world".  The point I make is limited to that alone. Women are part of the  world in this context and not excluded or second-best.  It is not "For God so loved men" either. It is "For God so loved the world".
      August 18, 2017 6:23 AM MDT

1- "For God so loved the WORLD...." is indeed what John 3:16 says but many Europeans still read that as "For God so loved the WHITES" After all, it was the Romans [Whites] who introduced Jesus to the Europeans [Whites] and made him acceptable to them as their own. It was then the European colonists [Whites] who took this Jesus now depicted as White to the lands they colonised.

2- Not only did Jesus unsurprisingly end up as White but God, who made man in His own image, also became White. Look at the world famous painting by Michelangelo completed in 1512 on the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel, and described as a cornerstone work of High Renaissance art, and there is God Himself depicted as a White old man. So if God is White and His only son is White, whose side is He going to be on but that of the Whites.

3- A British White guy once confronted a Muslim in the UK and told him that being from the Middle East Mohammed had no place in Christian England. Astounded by the remark the Muslim asked, “Where do you think Jesus was from then, Manchester?” That guy’s image of Jesus, his God, was clearly totally divorced from that of the Semite Jesus from the Middle East who spoke Aramaic, a sister language to Arabic.
      August 18, 2017 6:10 PM MDT