Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What is the hardest you've ever worked?

What is the hardest you've ever worked?

Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually..... the choice is yours.

Posted - August 18, 2017

Responses

Parenting is the hardest and most important job out there.  But, I did  take a wall down one time, with the help of my FIL........such fun that was!! This post was edited by Thriftymaid at August 18, 2017 4:12 PM MDT
      August 18, 2017 4:01 PM MDT

So true about parenting. But taking down that wall sounds great! 
      August 18, 2017 4:12 PM MDT

Physically/mentally? My last year of college where for several months I worked three jobs and did school full time. REALLY tried my patience and tested my boundaries. Emotionally? After a really tough breakup to re-learn how to be independent and happy regardless of ANYONE else. 
      August 18, 2017 4:03 PM MDT

Those tough breakups can be real learning opportunities. Sounds like that's been your experience. Good for you!  :-)
      August 18, 2017 6:42 PM MDT

It's real! Grief or loss of any sort really teaches you about life and who you are as a person. Though all the losses I've experienced in my life have been more than painful, I do not regret the good that eventually came out of them. Thank you!
      August 18, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

I've always been a hard worker, used to work 7 days a week plus extra evenings for several weeks at a stretch in a very physical job..  Now I work twice a day as in work day, then go back and wrk in the evening until nearly 10pm.. and.. I am about to add to that studying at college with all the homework that includes.. that will be fun :P  

But the hardest physically, was relatively recently.. I needed to redo my old fish pond after my fav fish died :( It had to be dug out completely and the soil distrubuted around the garden.. all this was done after work.. so I was tired to start with, and it was so hot, (why does the sun always come when you don't need it and not when you do!) I remember literally dripping with sweat and hurting all over - this went on for days and days.. 
      August 18, 2017 4:08 PM MDT

You're a trooper!! Working multiple jobs like that is exhausting on so many levels, not to mention if the job itself is already really physical. I just read a very interesting study on how even in minimal labor jobs, the exhaustion we feel can be so severe because extreme emotions - good OR bad - are physically draining. Sounds like you've done it all - and seemingly at once!!
      August 18, 2017 4:41 PM MDT

You go girl! You're a BEAST!    
      August 18, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

• That one time I walked a mile in those Louis Vuitton's .... I don't know :) 
    I am just faking that every question is a music question right now cos I wanna. 

https://youtu.be/_zR6ROjoOX0
      August 18, 2017 4:57 PM MDT

• I am probably not allowed to post that video...just don't watch it if you're under 18 then < disclaimer > there , I fixed it.
      August 18, 2017 4:59 PM MDT

As I have said before, I raced motorcycles for 25 years, and some of those muddy 2 hour hare scrambles left you with just enough energy to push your motorcycle up the ramp into the truck and you then shuffled off to the clubhouse to collect your trophy. 
      August 18, 2017 5:30 PM MDT

Sounds exhausting but really fun!      
      August 18, 2017 6:45 PM MDT