Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » If Trump PARDONS former Arizona RACIST Sheriff Joe Arpaio will you be happy or mad as he**? Why?

If Trump PARDONS former Arizona RACIST Sheriff Joe Arpaio will you be happy or mad as he**? Why?

Posted - August 22, 2017

Responses

Arpaio is not a racist. He was upholding the laws he was sworn to uphold.

The system is trying to put him in jail for refusing to go along with corruption.

I hope Trump has the courage to stand up to all the race baiting scum on this. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at August 22, 2017 2:41 PM MDT
      August 22, 2017 11:00 AM MDT

He was found GUILTY.  FOR A REASON.  They dropped enough charges against him already. 

Trump has no courage at all.  He has no brains either and I think the fact that he is so unpopular right now about the RACISM he purported, that he won't dare bring this up.

But he is stupid enough to.  We'll see.  That guy is his last supporter.  So, it depends on what Trump gets out of it.

"Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America," he said.

Cecillia Wang, deputy legal director for the ACLU, criticized the idea that Trump could pardon Arpaio, saying the former sheriff had violated court orders that prohibited illegal detention of Latinos.

"Make no mistake: This would be an official presidential endorsement of racism," Wang said.

Thomas A. Saenz, president and general counsel of MALDEF, or the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, said in statement that Trump's comments to Fox were hypocritical and demonstrate "how inextricably conflicted he is about condemning racism and the targeting of racial minorities"

"That the White House chose to praise such unconstitutional, discriminatory behavior in defiance of a federal judge on the same day that it refused to condemn the actions of white supremacists in Charlottesville compounds the damage of Trump's appalling moral relativism," Saenz said. "In politics, there is hypocrisy on many sides, but the White House's praise of Arpaio as it tries to extricate itself from equivocal statements about the clear domestic hate-based terrorism in Charlottesville will forever stand out as record-breaking, political disingenuousness." This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 22, 2017 11:12 AM MDT
      August 22, 2017 11:08 AM MDT

Immigration has nothing to do with race. You have no evidence whatsoever of any racial motivation.

The only reason the left wants open borders is to flood the U.S. with left leaning people. It's demographic warfare. The left is simply trying to dilute the right leaning culture of the U.S.. If there is any racial motivation, it's the left that hate white people. Though I think it's cultural not racial. The left hate the culture of liberty and capitalism that came from Europe. If Mexicans were right wing, the leftist would have machine gun nests and mine fields on the border.

All the left ever does is try to link everything to racism. Do you really believe that sh*t? I'd respect you more if you just openly admitted that you want to bring leftists in until the scales of democracy tip permanently in your favor. At least that would be honest.

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at August 22, 2017 4:18 PM MDT
      August 22, 2017 12:00 PM MDT

shhhhh

really
      August 27, 2017 9:22 AM MDT

Someone named 'Wang' from the ACLU is not gonna bother Trump much.
      August 22, 2017 2:44 PM MDT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_projects_supported_by_George_Soros

Anything funded by George Soros is just fascism in liberal clothing.
      August 22, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

Really don't care either way.

The sheriff should have listened to the judge. The Federal gov should enforce the laws.

Sheriff Joe is unlikely to serve any time in jail given his age and lack of criminal record.
      August 22, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

Trump will pardon Arpaio to serve/service the racists that are among those in his core base. That is all he has left. If they abandon him (and they might  because he let Steve Bannon be fired) he will have no one to show up at his self-serving ego-driven 2020 presidential rallies and then what would he do? Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      August 23, 2017 4:32 AM MDT

Not about racism....it is about  enforcing immigration  laws. That is a matter of national and economic security. 
      August 23, 2017 4:34 AM MDT

No m2c. Arpaio IS a racist and was convicted of crimes. Enforcing immigration laws was just an  excuse for him to be an OVERT RACIST legally. He had the power and used it cruelly and viciously and folks like you defend him. That's cool. It's what you do and I understand that. You must be bright white and have never been a victim of bigotry or racism.  So you don't really recognize ir or understand it. How could you? Thank you for your reply.
      August 23, 2017 4:54 AM MDT

No, he only convicted of contempt of court for not following the judge's order to stop his immigration patrols. That is the only conviction.  
    I believe our laws should be enforced including our immigration laws...that is not  racist.  I believe our laws should be enforced regardless of color of ones skin. In fact the illegals that I have had experience with are white from Europe (Czech Republic)....I think they should be deported as well. 

Back to the sheriff, he should have listened to the judge's order. I expect others to listen to judges orders again regardless of the color of their skin. 
      August 23, 2017 5:08 AM MDT

I can't get worked up about it - I don't care either way.
      August 23, 2017 6:35 AM MDT

• I am a visitor to the USA, so I do not know as much about what occurs here as citizens do. I just heard of this sheriff today, and I do not know what he did, but I have some foreboding when I see the man called a "Racist", for that word is overused badly. I have heard that some judges allow their biases to interfere with respect fo the laws. In reading this thread, I think I agree with my2cents. 
      August 27, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

Sometimes the word "racist" is precisely applied.
      August 27, 2017 9:30 AM MDT

• Most often lately, it is badly abused. The comments here indicate that is the case in this situation. I have read about the efforts to ban terrorists and illegal aliens being falsely called, "Racism", and a freedom of religion issue. That seems to apply in this incident. 
      August 27, 2017 9:46 AM MDT