Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Would you let a person who rear ended you go if there was no damage or nobody was hurt?

Would you let a person who rear ended you go if there was no damage or nobody was hurt?

Posted - August 23, 2017

Responses

Life's too short. 
      August 23, 2017 10:31 AM MDT

I agree. Especially at my age. ahahahahha
      August 23, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

of course.

There but for the grace of God go any one of us. 
    I forgive and forget because it could happen to me any day.   But, it also causes your insurance to go up so, petty accidents have a price.  I wouldn't want to make my insurance go up, but I wouldn't hassle anyone if there is no damage.  If I am not hurt and the car is fine, have a great day and be careful.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 23, 2017 10:35 AM MDT
      August 23, 2017 10:33 AM MDT

I agree completely. This lady i ran into at the YMCA however, wasnt so understanding. I tapped her car and she called the police. THere was NO damage at all, and she got out of the car rubbing her neck searching for a dent or scratch on her bumper. It took the cops an half hour to get there, and when they did, they were not happy with her. They had to fill out a report and stated on record, they found nothing at all on either car. She insisted that her neck was tingling and the cops just rolled their eyeballs  and looked at each other and told me to go on ahead. They didnt even ask me for my licence. They were pissed at her for wasting their time. What a weiner huh? ;O
      August 23, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

Well, I would exchange insurance information and report it to my insurance company because the other person may just find they have "injuries" the next day and if you don't report it, your insurance company can refuse to cover you.
      August 23, 2017 10:50 AM MDT

That is absolutely true.  If I felt like there was even a chance that I was going to feel this the next day, I would definitely report it.

I'm thinking of those light, hardly touched bumper thumpers we get into here and there.

If there is damage to car, then it needs to be reported because there may be damage to you as well.

You are right, it is better to be safe than sorry any day. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 23, 2017 6:32 PM MDT
      August 23, 2017 10:51 AM MDT

I think i found your sunglasses. ;)
      August 23, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

Thanks. 
      August 23, 2017 1:42 PM MDT

Good advise. That is exactly what my son told me. ;)
      August 23, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

I learned my lesson when some guy was changing lanes and clipped that back rear bumper which dug into the tire and I couldn't drive it.  He gave me this sob story about it being his daughter's car and he didn't want her insurance go up so he said if I got an estimate for repair, he would reimburse me privately.  I took his info and got his work number.  I sent him the estimate, but he never paid me.  Now, I don't care how little damage there is, I call the cops and have a report made.

August 23, 2017 1:25 PM MDT

One bad apple does spoil the whole bunch doesnt it. Too bad. Cause sometimes there are good people out there, but other times there are jerks like the one you encountered. ;P
      August 23, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

All it takes is one bad apple and you learn your lesson.  If nothing comes of the accident, you lose nothing, but you stand to lose a lot if the other person has no integrity.
      August 23, 2017 1:41 PM MDT

Spunky Senior gets an A+ for her answer

Nothing wrong with being nice, but it is always good to keep  your affairs "regular," and let your insurance company be beneficent if appropriate to the other driver while they are protecting your rights.  And "reporting an accident" to your insurance company is not the same as "filing a claim for the accident."

Immediate notification to the insurance company, whether or not you are at fault, gives them the best chance of acting on your behalf in case of any attempted fraud, and to request any pertinent additional information from you.  Certain injuries legitimately do not always show up until 24 hours later.

If you are not sure what your insurance company wants you to do in such a case, call them and ask them---or look on your proof of insurance card for directions on what to do.

August 23, 2017 12:59 PM MDT

Sounds exactly what my son said to me and he and you are probably right. Next time im going to do that, and next time i probably wont because im such a wiener. lol
      August 23, 2017 1:19 PM MDT

Yes.  One of the reasons we have insurance is to have somebody represent us if it becomes necessary.  There are all sorts of things that come under the category, "What should you do to make it very easy for the insurance company to protect your interests in case of a potential loss."
      August 23, 2017 4:31 PM MDT

You get a gold star. :)
      August 23, 2017 1:25 PM MDT

Had one bumper to bumper with a lass in local car park when we reversed into each other. No damage either way so we just moved on. 

Real frustration is when you've been damaged and the offender has absquatulated. Usually comes out of own pocket because no claims is not worth losing over it. (as happened last week).
    This post was edited by Malizz at August 23, 2017 1:28 PM MDT
      August 23, 2017 1:06 PM MDT

HAHAH oops, i thought you were joking at first, then i read your post again and realized you werent. This happened last week? Wow. Im glad there was no damage. She was probably distracted by your sexy legs. lol
      August 23, 2017 1:18 PM MDT

I learned a new word today - -  "absquatulated." I'm just sorry, Malizz, that I learned it at the expense of your frustrating experience.
      August 23, 2017 1:32 PM MDT

LOL, I didnt know what absquatulated meant either. Its a great word isnt it WelbyQuentin. Alot more colorful than saying took off with my so and so or got away with my so and so. Its very unique. Just like us. ;D
      August 23, 2017 1:34 PM MDT

That means we're the same - -  we're unique.

Ha!
    ;) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 23, 2017 1:50 PM MDT
      August 23, 2017 1:49 PM MDT

I almost dont feel worthy to be put in the same boat as you WelbyQuentin. You are my idol. You play the piano so beautifully and your humor is unmatched. -blush- ;))
      August 23, 2017 1:51 PM MDT

I don't see myself as idol-worthy but thank you! Ha!
    :)

You've heard me play? This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 23, 2017 2:04 PM MDT
      August 23, 2017 2:02 PM MDT

Anyone who can play Mozart on the piano and has a sense of humor like yours is definitely  idol-worthy to me. Fo sho. ;))
      August 23, 2017 2:05 PM MDT