Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » How do you like to prepare your chicken?

How do you like to prepare your chicken?

I prepare my chicken baked or barbecued.  That is the only two ways I know how to make chicken that tastes good. How do you make your chicken.

Posted - August 23, 2017

Responses

I seriously could make chicken at least 50 ways.

You can use it in casseroles, you see.  And the sky is the limit with that idea.  

Then there are salads with all kinds of ways to dress the chicken.

Then there are pot pies and the kinds of veggies you put in make it a new pie.

But I love fried, roasted, baked, grilled and I DO NOT EAT ANY OF IT.

I cannot eat any animals.  (I lied, I do eat fish)

SO, I know what it all tastes like and I do love to cook, and I am happy that I have people who like it because smelling it to me is just like tasting it.

I have that gift.

August 23, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

ROTFLMAO
      August 23, 2017 4:14 PM MDT

hahahahahaha !!!! That is one chill chicky!! :P
      August 23, 2017 4:20 PM MDT

OMG we WERE meant to be. I dont eat my own cooking either! I hate meat, except for fish and sea food. Not for political reasons, i just hate the texture. (and my cooking) ;+

August 23, 2017 4:33 PM MDT

I say, 'come here, little chicken. This will only hurt for a minute'.
      August 23, 2017 4:07 PM MDT

That is exactly what my great-gram used to say, Jane.  Then she would ring their necks off their heads in 2 seconds flat and we would have the amazing chicken dinner that night.

My dad grew up with his grandparents and while they were the kindest people on earth and my grandma was a great grandma and a great cook, my dad never ate chicken again once he saw this feat performed as a child.  It didn't bother me at all.  I was only 15, but I was jaded enough that I did not freak out.
      August 23, 2017 4:10 PM MDT

My grandma put an apple crate over them and when they poked their heads out between the slats, she chopped their heads off. It never stopped me from eating chicken and when your grandparents have a poultry farm it's served a lot. I even learned to pluck and gut a chicken at an early age.
      August 23, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

I do not think I ever really knew anything about chickens back then.  I just thought they were mindless creatures who belonged on a dinner table.  They have a lot more to offer than just their hides.  Stop chopping on them world.  Stop it.  But at LEAST your grandma and mine, let them live comfortably and not in some slaughterhouse or whatever they call the hideous concentration camps Kentucky fried chicken and the rest of these goons use to raise OUR FOOD.
      August 23, 2017 4:23 PM MDT

Hurt YOU after you eat mine. LOL thanks JaneS. ;)
      August 23, 2017 4:34 PM MDT

There are so many ways to cook it.  I like to use a whole chicken to boil and debone, adding the chicken back to the broth, and then add whatever you like for wonderful, medicinal chicken soup.   I lilke chicken breasts cook in the crock pot, usually with potatoes and onions.   You can really season it anyway you like, but one of our favorites is to layer large chickens breaks, potatoes, sliced onion, sliced kielbasa.  Do that in oven or crockpot.  My girls loved this one:  put your chicken in crock pot or oven dish.  Drizzle with French dressing.  Bake.  Now the girls are gone the way I do this is about 30 minutes before we are to eat I add rice being careful none gets underneath the chicken.  The rice cooked in the broth/dressing is very different and we like it.    

I don't fry in my house.  Zero.  I sometimes fry okra outside.  But if we want fried chicken we get fried wings (either dressed or naked) from Publix.  We don't do that often, but they are delicious.  I understand you may not have Publix markets in your area.  Sad indeed.  ;)
      August 23, 2017 4:12 PM MDT

Oooo the chicken drizzled with French dressing and rice sounds delish. Im going to try that for my son.  All he gets is my baked or barbecued chicken so im sure he will be delighted. Ill tell him my friend Thriftymaid told me about it. Ill tell you how it comes out ok? THanks honey, you rock. :)))) 
      August 23, 2017 4:38 PM MDT

Cool!  I hope you guys like it.  Soooo easy!
      August 23, 2017 8:45 PM MDT

• "I'd rather not prepare them. I think it's better if it comes as a surprise."  :)
      August 23, 2017 4:14 PM MDT

August 23, 2017 4:15 PM MDT

But I'll bet when you do prepare it for the table it ends up tasting just like cat (without the stringiness, of course).
      August 23, 2017 4:28 PM MDT

• If only that were true, but you can't make a savory cat out of a chicken's rear.  :) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 23, 2017 5:53 PM MDT
      August 23, 2017 4:35 PM MDT

ROFLMAO
      August 23, 2017 5:16 PM MDT

My table enjoys dog.
    This post was edited by carbonproduct at August 23, 2017 7:06 PM MDT
      August 23, 2017 4:44 PM MDT

Im always surprised mine comes out at all. lol ;))))
      August 23, 2017 4:40 PM MDT

For starters, it has to be dead ...
      August 23, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

Oops.
      August 23, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

I deal strictly with breasts.
      August 23, 2017 7:07 PM MDT