Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Should dihydrogen monoxide be banned?

Should dihydrogen monoxide be banned?

It's in everything, from solvents to baby food - and inhaling as little as 5 oz is invariably fatal.

Posted - August 24, 2017

Responses

And there have been many deaths by collision with its solid form. 75% of all violent criminals have high concentrations of it and it has been found in 100% of school drinking fountains. Very dangerous stuff.

August 24, 2017 8:20 AM MDT

How do you do that??

How do you ban something that is in EVERYTHING?   How?   It's just water, dude.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 24, 2017 8:26 AM MDT
      August 24, 2017 8:24 AM MDT

C'mon, girl. You were supposed to go along with the charade. Now you've spoiled our fun.
      August 24, 2017 8:37 AM MDT

Oh.  I guess I just got excited because I fell for it and then realized what it was.  I had to ask someone else.  I'm getting even.
      August 24, 2017 8:39 AM MDT

You pooped on the party, dudette.
      August 25, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

• Some radical extremist groups may demand that it be banned, and many other people will join in, if the media tells them it should be banned. Such agitators include ALF, ANTIFA, BLM, KKK, PeTA, etc.! Political Correctness allows minorities to tyrannize everyone, so if some such "govno" demand that H2O be banned, PC will agree with them and ban it. That is how PC operates and is habitual among overly-indulged babies. The worst thing that can happen to everyone is that impulsive retards have their way. 
      August 26, 2017 11:56 AM MDT

This post was edited by Slartibartfast at August 26, 2017 2:32 PM MDT
      August 26, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

• I was born in Ukraine and just traveled when I became mature. I have some things that require adjustment in the USA. How can I know it is a joke if it sounds serious? 
      August 26, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

Some people won't be happy till they've banned everything.

Send them to the Sahara. 

August 26, 2017 4:05 PM MDT

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
      August 26, 2017 7:19 PM MDT

• It should be banned in Texas the past few days. It is causing a great deal of trouble there. It has caused similar trouble in other places throughout history. It destroyed the ancient Minoan civilization on Crete. Plato's fable says it destroyed Atlantis. It causes many of us to go to the bathroom several times a day. Some people are awakened by it during the night. Myths of the Sumerians, Greeks, Jews, etc. say it destroyed the world. It is so destructive that we must eliminate it entirely as soon a possible.
      August 31, 2017 2:16 PM MDT

Too late it's got to Houston. 
      August 31, 2017 2:44 PM MDT

I have found by dint of the most careful of experiments over many years, that the best way to avoid the hazards posed by imbibing this strange liquid is to take it diluted with infusions of roasted barley and of the flowers of the hop plant; plus a small quantity of alcohol and the double oxide of carbon, which two compounds are the effusions of a mould acting upon sucrose within the above fluid.

I have it on very good authority compounded by a little personal experience, that the Scots centuries ago discovered how to refine a fluid similar to that above, still further to reduce the Monoxide proportion to a safe minimum; thereby producing a great range of excellent tonics held by the knowledgeable in the highest esteem. Though perhaps ironically, some of takers of the said tonic like to add to it, Dihydrogen Monoxide in either its fluid or solid phase, which some aver defeats the object a little.

However, I discovered too that absorbing more than a quart of that which I described first, despite its singular manner of dilution, tends to make me a bit wobbly of foot and head - clearly, this 'ere Dihydrogen Monoxide is not to be trifled with...  
      September 14, 2017 3:18 PM MDT