Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever hired a private detective to check on your SO's movements? If yes, what prompted you to do it, and were you glad you did?

Have you ever hired a private detective to check on your SO's movements? If yes, what prompted you to do it, and were you glad you did?

This question was inspired by an incident in the movie Unfaithful. Do see it if you haven't. 

Posted - August 26, 2017

Responses

No. I do my own detective work. Anytime I've felt compelled to check on a SO, my suspicions were validated. There are certain behavior traits that someone who is guilty of something exhibits. With my most recent one, he was always on his phone playing games. When he started shutting off his phone when I came in the room and "protecting" the phone by tucking it under his pillow at night, it became kind of obvious I wasn't supposed to see what he was doing. The one before that, I already had a good idea that he had been cheating and with whom. He told me most nights when he was going to see her and he blew off some kind of family event to spend the day with her and her family once, but I think he said he got called into work or something. Then, photos of him with her child got posted to Facebook that night. Duh. Truth be told, catching that one was probably a relief for both of us.
      August 26, 2017 4:39 PM MDT

• Thank you, JA. Reading your answer gave me an idea for a question which I shall put up shortly. 
      August 26, 2017 7:38 PM MDT

would like to...
    My cat disappears for hours at a time
    goes through the fence and disappears...
    where does she go??? would like to know.
    She just showed up at my garden door one day
    so am thinking she probably has 
    other friends out there as well.... HaHa
      August 26, 2017 7:44 PM MDT

• Girls' night out? And why not! 
      August 26, 2017 7:51 PM MDT

I might have someone for the job.  

August 26, 2017 7:54 PM MDT

My baby is as good as gold; monogamy and fidelity are in her DNA.  

August 26, 2017 10:31 PM MDT

If I didn't trust her, she wouldn't be my SO. Simple as that.
      August 26, 2017 11:04 PM MDT