Active Now

Christmas Cheer
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Was Mayweather ordered to let McGregor last 10 rounds by analysis of this statement made by him?

Was Mayweather ordered to let McGregor last 10 rounds by analysis of this statement made by him?

"I think we gave the fans what they wanted to see," Mayweather said. "I owed them for the (Manny) Pacquiao fight."

Posted - August 27, 2017

Responses

• I watched that fight live and at time it seemed legit, but I was drunkish and with a bunch of people at time, so got caught up in it. I rewatched it this morning and yeah, IMO Mayweather allowed that fight to go on 6 rounds longer than it should have to please fans. I hate his guts cos he's a terrible human and I'm a McGregor fan. But he could finished that a lot earlier if he wanted to.
      August 27, 2017 1:39 PM MDT

Aye, indeed. We are more objective when sober ;) This post was edited by O-uknow at August 27, 2017 7:13 PM MDT
      August 27, 2017 7:10 PM MDT

• foo' shoo' :) Aye. I enjoyed the fight very mu h though... non sober,  and sober ;)
      August 27, 2017 7:15 PM MDT

Methink Mayweather wrong for what he did and fans would have enjoyed a knock out just as much, no even more. It would have been accepted and given the sport more credibility than last night's performance. Even McGregor would not have been diminished much since not his game. The people who run boxing have no foresight and are blinded by dollar signs.
      August 27, 2017 7:24 PM MDT

• Me thinks :) mayweather can eat a  dick and die a slow painful death  since he beat the shizzat out of the mother of his children more then 3 times on public record... he is a horrible person imo.. 
    . but  i think he gave fans what they wanted last night. I have no issue wit that.
      August 27, 2017 7:32 PM MDT

That being said which I have no problem. Is it about what fans want or the integrity of the sport? Was it more show than sport? This post was edited by O-uknow at August 27, 2017 7:41 PM MDT
      August 27, 2017 7:37 PM MDT

• I personally enjoyed the night... I didn't see any deception In the moment. I enjoyed  the lie. :) I can see it now for what it was ... but I was happy for it in moment.

https://youtu.be/rcjpags7JT8

August 27, 2017 7:44 PM MDT

It might simply have been his game plan all along. Much simpler to let the other guy shoot his bolt. 
      August 27, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

The ko was close, but the ref stopped it to save the embarrassment. And, yes, Floyd probably picked the round he would finish him. Probably bet a lot of money on it too.
      August 27, 2017 8:16 PM MDT

Floyd carried him for four, maybe five rounds. The result was a foregone conclusion, Mayweather gave the Irishman a boxing lesson. The ref stopped it when McGregor ran out of gas and was no longer able to defend himself, that's his job. Mayweather was hitting him at will, so the referee awarded him a TKO to stop Conor's brain getting pounded to jelly.
      August 27, 2017 10:20 PM MDT