Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » This is rich! I am told by an Answermugger that I should HATE the muslims of today because of what the Turkish Government did to my people many decades ago. Seriously. Why hate the innocent? Do you?

This is rich! I am told by an Answermugger that I should HATE the muslims of today because of what the Turkish Government did to my people many decades ago. Seriously. Why hate the innocent? Do you?

No wonder the world is  so crapped up! People like the Answermugger in the question thrive on ancient tragedies to justify current hatreds. In this instance it is the Armenian genocide at the hands of the Turks many decades ago before I was born. If someone in a particular ethnic group had harmed you when you were 10 would you HATE all people of that ethnic group foreverafter? How does that make any sense at all? Any excuse to hate no  matter how absurd, unfair, irrelevant is what these  people thrive on and get very angry  if anyone disagrees.  I don't get it. Do you?

Posted - July 24, 2016

Responses

Some of the folks on this thread I believe know who this person is hartfire.   I don't report folks sweetie. JA does a really good job patrolling the site and m2c keeps her eyes open too. I just let it happen organically. I just let them reveal themselves but other folks do report them.  I totally understand where you are coming from though and of course around children I absolutely want them protected from hate speech which is getting a lot harder to do with  all the various forms of communication we have available these days. I do so enjoy people losing control due to emotional immaturity and striking out because you refuse to be bullied and don't roll over  and tell them how brilliant they are. They think they are leaving good tracks or they wouldn't say what they say I'm guessing. Trying to impress others with their sparkling repartee so to speak. How sad is that? Thank you for your reply hartfire! :) The folks who agree with the haters because they are haters themselves will always find those who agree with them and bandwagon. The rest of us react  with disgust, disapproval and disdain. And so it goes!  :)                                   

July 25, 2016 2:43 AM MDT

I know Sharonna can speak for herself Andy but don't you see the  dripping sarcasm there? That's the point of her reply. If she said "Germans" and "Japanese" it would not carry the same degree of disgust. Her answer drips with it..  She also said "geeks" and "beans" and "pinko Ruskies". Please read her reply again with that thought in mind. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)

July 25, 2016 2:47 AM MDT

I don't hate anyone Andy. I, like you, judge people for how they treat me. Now if they treat  me wonderfully well and treat everyone else very badly I am not a fan. Some folks just don't click personality-wise. So what? We all have people in our lives we love to spend time with and people in our lives we absolutely avoid. Maybe it's chemistry. I'm not really sure exactly why.  Maligning an entire ethnic group is something I don't do. It is not only unfair but very illogical. How can my difficulty with one person translate into potential difficulty with all those like him/her? Extrapolating in that way...either backwards hundreds of years or forward is kinda ridiculous in my opinion. I don't want someone hating me because some Armenian American years ago insulted him/her. Same thing here. Why vilify people who weren't even born when the tragedy or whatever occurred? But people do. They carry their hatreds with them everywere they go and very proudly I might add. I do feel sorry for them and I'm also actually kinda afraid of them. They are all loose cannons. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)

July 25, 2016 3:00 AM MDT

Your argument is laid out very well hartfire and it brings up something very human. If those around you continue to hate you will too.  There are familial hatreds that go on for many decades. Vendettas I think they're called if they are Italian-based. There were the Hatfields and McCoys in America. Generation after generation the hatred thrived and was kept alive and nurtured and coddled  and never allowed to die. I am not wired  like that so I honestly cannot relate to such people on an emotional level.  The way you presented the argument for the other side is very impressive. Especially with the specific examples of what has occurred.  I don't know if the Japanese ever apologized to America for Pearl Harbor. I also don't know if  America ever apologized to Japanese Americans for forcing them to live in Internment Camps after Pearl Harbor. Wholesale slaughter. Wholesale incarceration. Both awful. One cost a lot of lives. The other affected forever a lot of lives. Imagine being yanked out of the only home you have ever  known and taken to barracks-like quarters in dusty, barren, isolated spots away from your regular life. For years. Do you ever get over it? Yet it seems people have...at least superficially.  Humans are capable of the divine also of the worst evils. I wish it were not so. I'm guessing those who are evil don't think of themselves that way so whatever they do is justified. Thank you for your excellent analsis m'dear! :)

July 25, 2016 3:13 AM MDT

I don't hate or wish ill to befall  those I dislike Carazaa. But honestly I could never sincerely pray for those who hate me or would abuse me. I cannot. It would be a lie. I wouldn't mean it. I  engage with folks. I either continue engaging with them because the experience is pleasant or I move on because I find nothing there of interest to me. I let it go. But I would not speak up on their behalf to God. I would not. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday. I am not a perfect person. I have my limitations and that would be one of them! :)

July 25, 2016 3:16 AM MDT

I was taught that God is Love when I was a child Uc. At the age of 12 I taught a Sunday School class to kindergarten kids in the local Presbyterian Church. Over time I gave up church because I found many of the people who attended were ever  so pious on Sunday and real jerks the rest of the week. It was confusing and upsetting so I gave it up. I think of church as the middleman. An obstacle that is unnecessary. Now I just speak for me. Not for others. There are churches I imagine where all the people are good and kind and accepting and not racist or bigoted or homophobic or hatemongers. I just never found one. But I didn't give up my belief in God and my God is not the one you describe. I guess the Old Testament God was like that and the New Testament is not. Anyway what we know about God is written by imperfect humans beings. Why should we believe what they say? I don't.  thank you for your reply! :)

July 25, 2016 3:21 AM MDT

That is very good to know m'dear! Thank you and Happy Monday to you SA! :)

July 25, 2016 3:23 AM MDT

You're welcome NHP. Happy Monday to thee! :)

July 25, 2016 4:33 AM MDT

Many who preach in church are not born again, nor those who attend but God is real regardless and he is a jealous God who blesses and curses. There is one God. Jesus is the creator of all.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."Exodus 20:4-7

July 25, 2016 11:48 AM MDT

"God is real regardless and he is a jealous God who blesses and curses. There is one God. Jesus is the creator of all."

WTF ?

So you worship a mythical god with attitude and anger management issues, full of human flaws and arrogance ?    Ridiculous.

And..........

Isn´t Jesus the son of "god ? 

He was supposedly human .   How can he be the creator of it all  ??

July 25, 2016 9:04 PM MDT

"The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.  For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him.."

Colossians 1:15

July 25, 2016 10:14 PM MDT

Don´t you have your own thoughts ?

Of course, you don´t.  You only repeat as a parrot.

Pity

July 26, 2016 10:18 AM MDT

Yes I have my own thoughts but I trust in the Bible, ever since God saved me.

July 26, 2016 11:01 AM MDT

The bible was written by many different men over  many years Carazaa. Each of them had different agendas. Some books were included, others excluded. Due entirely to the decision of imperfect men.. I don't believe it is God's word. I believe it is the word of the men who wrote what they wrote at the time. If you trust in man then you should be okay. I don't. I do talk to God daily. But I don't believe in middlemen or books to tell me what I should believe. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!  :)

July 26, 2016 11:32 AM MDT

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," 1 Tim

July 26, 2016 12:44 PM MDT

God said

"Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from the prophet’s own interpretation. 21For no prophecy was ever brought about through human initiative, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. "

1 Peter

July 26, 2016 12:53 PM MDT

Can you talk to me in your own word Carazaa? You quote the bible all the time but I am not interested in other people's words. I am interested in you using your own words to tell me what you think. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday.

July 27, 2016 4:42 AM MDT

I love everyone. I love everyone because of what Jesus has done in my heart and what he says in the Bible to me (so that is why I quoted the Bible). I was lost but God saved me and now I love everyone, even those who dislike me.

July 27, 2016 2:31 PM MDT

Yes, Underconstruction. According to the Bible, Jesus is the Son of God. According to Jesus, the Father is the only true God. In the 4th century, the Catholic Church decided that Jesus was God too and the Church formed a mysterious and confusing trinity. 

(John 17:1-3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    (John 20:31) But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his name.

Rejecting the trinity was punishable by death:

http://answermug.com/forum/topics/would-the-trinity-be-so-popular-i...

The Trinity "Creed first saw the light in the fourth century":

http://answermug.com/forum/topics/trinitarians-are-you-aware-of-whe...

July 30, 2016 5:18 AM MDT