Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » History » Throughout history, were there ever racists that were also nice people like the POTUS has said?

Throughout history, were there ever racists that were also nice people like the POTUS has said?

Posted - August 30, 2017

Responses

• I'm sure there are many racists who conceal their racism behind a facade of sugary "hospitality"...just only for white people. Racists hide in plain sight sometimes. Though ultimately I believe that fake "nice" should be differentiated from genuine nice, and being a racist precludes you from the genuine kind. 
      August 30, 2017 9:49 AM MDT

Well, they may be racists who loved and raised their PREFERRED colored children and did a great job, go to church, love their neighbors (of choice) and do good deeds.

Just because they are ignorant and have no idea why they think the way they do, does not mean they are all bad.  They are just ALL IGNORANT.   They can be ALL DANGEROUS.  They don't know how to contribute to any society except the one they live in and they  act accordingly.   They are like in their own world and anyone that threatens their beautiful, albeit selfish manner of thinking is the ENEMY.

We must raise armies against them and it doesn't hurt the economy either.  We must unite and tell everyone GOD IS ON MY SIDE and enforce that to the death.

So, there are nice people, but NICE is a shallow term that carries hardly any weight whatsoever.

August 30, 2017 10:13 AM MDT

My nickname is 'Racer'. I try to be nice.
      August 30, 2017 1:15 PM MDT

Truly nice? No.. but throughout history means it refers to certain times when people were taught ignorant things.. and they believed them... That doesn't make them right and yes, people should question and fight against things that are wrong.. but the problem is... if you are taught something, you don't always know enough to know it's wrong.. It IS wrong but you don't know it.. I am not sure I am making sense..  I guess I am saying, a lot of bad things happened in the past, injustices... People evolve, they learn.. but when they are in a period where they are ignorant, while it still is wrong, it's harder to blame people individually - perhaps society is the one who isn't nice in that case? ..

August 30, 2017 3:21 PM MDT

This posting makes complete sense to me!
      September 1, 2017 8:28 AM MDT

Just because a person is nice  to someone of their own race doesn't mean that person is a good person. That's just being hypocritical. 
      October 20, 2017 12:27 PM MDT