Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Politico liberal or republican ? Or sometjing else ?

Is Politico liberal or republican ? Or sometjing else ?

I cannot pin them down to any simple classification like that. They seem to be all over the place.

according to Wiki Politico was formed by 2  journalists from the Washingtom  post. Politico dont seem to like Trump, but then then again, neither liberals nor conservatives seem to like Trump these days.

What is your bid ?

- Liberal  _______________________________

- Republican ____________________________

- Mavericks _____________________________

- Sane _________________________________

- Just a phase, they will die soon. ___________

My money is pretty much on 'sane', considering their journalism, I like them even better than The Christian Science monitor.

Posted - August 31, 2017

Responses

• If you can't pin one political label on them, that means they must be doing something right.
      August 31, 2017 11:33 PM MDT

I think hes something else. ;)
      September 1, 2017 12:49 AM MDT

They make the pretense of being neutral. There is no such thing. Everything has an agenda. Anything that doesn't openly declare its agenda is just trying to manipulate you.
      September 1, 2017 12:53 AM MDT

Well, the thing is that I am not an Amerikan. I am Danish, I live in a whole different country. So even though I find Trump rather disgusting, I basically dont care, he is just another silly American. And unless he does something REALLY Idiotic (like starting a nuclear war) I dont much care. None of my business. None of my concern.
    It do not matter to me who is going to have to pay the bills he leaves behind when his term ends.
      September 1, 2017 8:09 AM MDT

It may surprise you to learn that I'm not American either. I'm British. I obsess over American politics because I recognize that the world is very connected these days and what happens in America is bound to have a massive effect on the rest of the world including Britain.

The fight for the future of western civilization has already been lost in Europe. If things don't radically change, we have no future whatsoever. If a renaissance starts, it will start in America and spread outwards. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at September 1, 2017 9:29 AM MDT
      September 1, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

Surprised?---not really.  More like relieved.   
      September 1, 2017 9:23 AM MDT

Oh, so just because you openly declare your agenda, you are not trying to manipulate anyone? Sounds like Orwellian Doublethink to me!
      September 1, 2017 8:47 AM MDT

I never said that people who openly declare their agenda are necessarily genuine. I said that people who deny they have an agenda are full of sh*t.

Double think it when a person believes two contradictory things at the same time. I haven't contradicted myself.

September 1, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

They are neither. They just report the news without having an alliance to any political party.
      September 1, 2017 8:50 AM MDT

Thank you :-)
      September 1, 2017 2:58 PM MDT

I really am not overly familiar with this particular website, as I focus more on political coverage in my own country, but in my experience, if a news source is described by both political wings as having a bias against them, then they are achieving a balance and objectivity that makes them more trustworthy.
      September 1, 2017 8:51 AM MDT

I quite agree :-D
      September 1, 2017 2:59 PM MDT