Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Ear plugs are supposed to mitigate noise. I've tried them and they don't really work for me. Do nose plugs exist? How effective are they?

Ear plugs are supposed to mitigate noise. I've tried them and they don't really work for me. Do nose plugs exist? How effective are they?

I expect there are times when the stink/stench is unbearable. In the olden days the trash pickup guys just got used to the smell of rotting trash. Now it is all automatic and they stay in the cabs and the mechanical arms lift the trashbin and dump the contents into the truck. Those who work with cadavers might need them or Morticians. I think of Limburger cheese which really stinks. I have never tasted it but have you and if so is it really delicious?

Posted - September 2, 2017

Responses

My mother used to have nose plugs for swimming. I once worked in a large hospital laundry. The hospital orderlies just balled up the sheets and surgical linens and tossed 'em into a cart where we would have to sort them out. Human excreatment  had to go in a special pile to get a special wash in a separate machine. The worst smell was vomit, it spread quickly around the area of the huge washing machines. Then there were body parts --------
      September 2, 2017 6:00 AM MDT