Discussion » Questions » Communication » Have you noticed that most people talking about sex topics are more thoughtful, humane, and funny than anyone discussing politics?

Have you noticed that most people talking about sex topics are more thoughtful, humane, and funny than anyone discussing politics?

But it's good that real degenerates can have a voice.

Posted - July 24, 2016

Responses

•   YES!!!

July 24, 2016 10:07 AM MDT

Hello She:

F**k no.

excon

July 24, 2016 10:54 AM MDT
  • Bez

Of course they are. Most of the ones who "discuss" politics are annoying, argumentative, opinionated trolls. How can they possible be thoughtful or humane, let alone funny?

July 24, 2016 11:03 AM MDT

I think that is about as valid as the people who are running for politics.  That is nonsense.  But nice try.  Did not notice.

July 24, 2016 11:30 AM MDT

Yeah, that is a good excuse to go talk about yanking your wanker. 

Most people who do not discuss politics don't know the subject.  If it is more important to discuss sex than the state of the world, fine. 

Keep lying.

July 24, 2016 11:31 AM MDT

If this is an example of how political discourse affects manners and behavior, I'll stick with sex.

Thanks for your input.
      July 24, 2016 12:10 PM MDT

lol I would have to say that's mostly true. In terms of moderation, I almost never have to do anything in adultMug. We've had maybe two incidents. Three people who have had reprimands in the adult sections. That's it. lol I can't count the number of people out here who have needed a little nudging. 

And for those who say the people in adultMug can't discuss politics and global matters, those do slip in there sometimes. There are also times where people intentionally bring serious discussions in there. I love how people respond with honest and sincere thoughts for a page or two and then go, "Why are we doing this in here?!?" 

I do think, however, that our adultMuggers are a different breed. It's not really a public section, so we didn't get a whole lot of the creepy EPers or the freaky ones from Answerbag Adult. We got the serious thinkers and creative-minded folks who also happen to like talking about various sexual topics. With a different crowd than we have, your statement might not have merit, but we have some really good peeps in there. :)

(This is not to say that the people who discuss politics are bad or lesser, but the vibe in the adult section is a lot different because the group behaves differently.)

July 24, 2016 12:57 PM MDT

Sorry.  But if this upsets you, then you must be the most polite person on the planet. 

I fail to see how YOU calling people you don't like to interact with,  names like trolls, etc. and implying that my comment speaks of anything besides my disdain for anyone trying to put down a subject merely because they don't want to deal with it,  is any better or worse  than someone who is on Adult Mug.

How nice that you can exchange your perversions in a polite way.  Is that fair of me to say? 

Of course not.  I wouldn't even consider judging your desire to talk about sex over talking about boring Donald Trump who can actually ruin all of our lives at the drop of a hat. 

This man has our futures in his hand and people are burying their heads in the sand over it and worse, taking sides with him.  That is indeed horrific.  I am sorry this talk displeases you. 

Some day soon, you may not have any recourse but to talk about politics when all of your rights including the freedom to talk about sex or anything else that is not RIGHT WING CHRISTIAN sensibilities takes over your every thought.

But go ahead.  Knock me all you want to.  I don't care about your desire to exchange sexual ideas.  How else do you learn?   Go for it.  Freedom of speech is a big deal to me.  I applaud your right to ask anything about any subject you wish.

I also agree that people on here (myself included) can really go overboard. 

BUT?  To justify that by saying everyone in a room talking about sex are refined and cultured is one big heap of denial.

A lot of that stuff is disgusting.  But no more than a lot of stuff that passes for political banter.

Also, the main person who posts political information and discussion is Rosie, and she is ALWAYS the soul of politeness and decorum.

July 24, 2016 12:59 PM MDT

Well stated.

July 24, 2016 2:56 PM MDT

No. I don't really see what being  humane or even thoughtful,  has to do with talking about either subject. People might be funnier when discussing sex topics, but it's not a subject that takes a great deal of thought to discuss in a public forum. 

July 24, 2016 3:51 PM MDT

Re: We got the serious thinkers and creative-minded folks who also happen to like talking about various sexual topics.

And then I pop in with a cartoon or Monty Python sketch....;-D....

July 24, 2016 3:56 PM MDT

lol Yes, but you also offer thoughtful responses when it's warranted.

July 24, 2016 4:01 PM MDT

The adult section isn't just "I like it when..." discussions. It's a very personal topic for some. They talk about hardships in relationships, difficulties they've had to overcome with significant others, times they've been shamed or felt ashamed, medical conditions and such. It's those discussions where people lay it all on the table... it would be really easy to take that information and use it against someone or attack them. People don't really do that there. They're pretty supportive and compassionate with their answers. 

July 24, 2016 4:08 PM MDT

no

July 24, 2016 4:12 PM MDT

There are some very good psychological/neurological/practical reasons for your observation.

First and foremost, almost no one is AGAINST sex. There are some who think it should only be between married partners. There are some who have strong beliefs about what kinds of partners/practices it should involve. But, for the most part, people are willing to trade letting other people enjoy sex how and with whom they want for their own freedom to enjoy sex in their own way.

That's a very different mindset than the political one where, short of agreeing all adults should be able to vote (and some don't even grant that), people have very strong opinions about what kind of people should be involved in politics, how they should behave, and how the people of Party/Ideology X should NEVER EVER EVER be allowed to wield power, because only people of Party/Ideology Y are morally correct.

I could go on, but I think the point is made. Perhaps we should discuss politics with the same thoughtfulness, humanity, and humor. Some people try to do so. But given the enormous differences between the two subjects, it's not surprising the modes of discussion are dissimilar.

July 24, 2016 4:13 PM MDT

Aww. So sweet of ÿou JA. I do however think you're right. Most of the peeps inside adultMug do know how to behave well, maybe there is shown more tolerance in general inside adultMug than here in the main room, and it's certainly way more fun at times when we joke around. There for sure have been political questions too, and more serious topics too.
      July 24, 2016 4:21 PM MDT

*like*

I'm right with you. :-)
      July 24, 2016 4:22 PM MDT

I have noticed, yes. :-)
      July 24, 2016 4:22 PM MDT
  • Bez

I don't lie on the Internet anymore than I lie in the real world. I only discuss sex in the appropriate (i.e. adult) parts of websites like this. That's all I have to say about it here.

July 24, 2016 5:58 PM MDT

That's good to know. Perhaps I wasn't as thoughtful as I should have been with my reply. I have not visited the adult section of the site, and I took the question as a general one.  

July 24, 2016 8:29 PM MDT

This is the truth then?

Most of the ones who "discuss" politics are annoying, argumentative, opinionated trolls. How can they possible be thoughtful or humane, let alone funny?

July 24, 2016 8:37 PM MDT

• I second that!!

July 24, 2016 9:02 PM MDT

• I agree with you,SSSS.

There's certainly much more maturity in discussions on sexual topics than on political ones, which sadly degenerate into uncalled for verbal polemics. There's an example right here in one of your answer threads.

August 7, 2016 5:29 PM MDT
  • Bez

Of course they are. Lol:)

August 7, 2016 5:43 PM MDT