Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you more/less embarrassed when a member of YOUR gender does or says something very embarrasing? Why?

Are you more/less embarrassed when a member of YOUR gender does or says something very embarrasing? Why?

Posted - September 3, 2017

Responses

Niether...I answer for me and what I say/do. I cannot worry about what every other woman in the world does. I have no control over their actions.
      September 3, 2017 5:41 AM MDT

What other women do embarrasses me hugely m2c or will make me very proud. Loud drunks for example I cannot stand. It's easier on me if it's a man than if it is a woman. Different strokes. I cannot control what they do/say. Nor can I control my reaction to what they do/say. You are aloof and unconcerned with what others do. I am the antithesis of you. I prefer that women be ladies and men be gentlemen. What I prefer matters only to me. I don't shut down and close off my surroundings. I REACT to them. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at September 3, 2017 5:46 AM MDT
      September 3, 2017 5:44 AM MDT

I do prefer "ladies be ladies and gentlemen be gentlemen" but their behavior does not embarrass me or make me pleased...it is their actions not my own. They should be embarrassed/pleased with their own actions. I certainly decide by their actions if it is someone I will be around voluntarily. 
      September 3, 2017 6:45 AM MDT

• It doesn't embarrass me at all. I don't hang the way I feel on what everyone else is doing. Now, I do have my opinions one what other people do, such as Bruce Jenner's idiocy, but I'm not ashamed of my gender or feel guilty because of him or others. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 3, 2017 8:59 AM MDT
      September 3, 2017 8:58 AM MDT

• I know you loath " depends" answers......... BUT

Yes to a certain degree when it's a situation of them fitting a stereotype kinda thing.  An obnoxious man embarasses me no more than an obnoxious women.  Yet another man being a sexist or creepy pig does because it reflects on a stereotype of my demographic.
      September 3, 2017 9:47 AM MDT

My dog is a male German Shepherd; seems to have a passion for humping my grandmother's leg.
    That is embarrassing male behavior. 
      September 3, 2017 4:42 PM MDT