Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Can you name one way the human body was designed "incorrectly," and how you'd improve it if you could?

Can you name one way the human body was designed "incorrectly," and how you'd improve it if you could?

Posted - September 5, 2017

Responses

Your ears should be made with a volume control so you can mute someone you don't want to hear or reduce the noise from someone who speak too loudly.
      September 5, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

LOL! I'm deaf in one ear and I constantly joke that it lets me stay in a "happy bubble." I don't hear side discussions or when someone mutters under their breath. I don't hear a lot of background noise. If I had a volume switch, I'd probably listen to everything, but I'm kind of glad I don't because it seems to me that I'm usually better off for the things I miss. ;)
      September 5, 2017 10:04 AM MDT

There are times when I'm waiting on a line to pay for something and someone behind me is talking so loudly that I want to scream. 
      September 5, 2017 10:09 AM MDT

That's probably me. lol Sorry. The downside to living in my happy bubble. I can't tell how loud I am. :o
      September 5, 2017 10:11 AM MDT

• Aww...I feel for you about your hearing issue.
    How did you lose hearing in your one ear if you don't mind me asking?
      September 5, 2017 10:25 AM MDT

Chronic ear infections that led to repeated eardrum ruptures. i.e. Bad genetics. My ear tubes are shaped funny, courtesy of my father- he has the same problem. I gave him sh*t for years until one of my audiologist friends told me that my diminished hearing in that ear likely caused the other side of my brain to develop more since it happened over time, thus enhancing my analytical mind. Neat-o. 

September 5, 2017 10:34 AM MDT

• That must be the reason that you are so special. : )

Thanks for sharing that, it really is cool how we become stronger in other ways to balance ourselves.

That must've sucked having chronic ear infections.
    Do you still get them?
      September 5, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

:) Thanks.

Yes and no. Our ear tubes are designed to drain fluid buildup. Kids sometimes have a problem with it because their tubes are shorter and don't angle as much- that's why kids get more ear infections... the fluid has a harder time draining and it becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. My ear tubes didn't change as I aged, so they're still short and not angled well. It's genetics. My dad still gets ear infections, so that's more or less my fate as well. It's usually every 3-4 months that a new one pops up because we both have chronic allergies. According to my audiologist, the only real "fix" is to have ear tubes put in, but they fall out pretty fast and it's a crapshoot as to whether one would even be in place a couple of weeks after having it put in, let alone three months down the line when I have another buildup. The other option is to go in and have my eardrum preemptively sliced and drained every time I start to have ear pressure. O_o Fun, right? Well, Mother Nature was "kind" to me about a year ago when I had my last eardrum rupture and it never healed shut after. On the plus side, my ear now has a way to drain, so I don't usually get infections. On the down side, some people get a runny nose with allergies... I get a runny ear. lol Gross, but I certainly prefer it to the alternative. :o
      September 5, 2017 11:59 AM MDT

• Yeah for sure.
    The fevers from the infection and the antibiotics needed would be hard on a person if that's what you had to endure with your infections?
    At least you don't get them anymore so that's good.
    I guess we all have our issues, but I hope you don't get ear infections anymore.

September 5, 2017 12:54 PM MDT

My daughter suffers terribly with ear infections, she has funny ear canals... clearly it's her dad's fault too :P
      September 5, 2017 1:34 PM MDT

I'm sorry if I seemed insensitive under the circumstances.  Having said that, there are any number of others who have not lost partial hearing that talk too loud.  I attribute that to all those folks who spend endless hours with earplugs in listening to music that is probably killing their hearing.
      September 5, 2017 1:10 PM MDT

Last year I went to Epcot Center (crowded place) with my hubby and my father-in-law.  Anyway, F-I-L has a voice that really carries and he was making political or religious commentaries about some of the displays while just not noticing that my hubby was turning red with embarrassment and trying to put a little distance between himself and his dad lol.

My husband looked at me and said evolution is a little too slow in granting some people a mute button.
      September 5, 2017 9:25 PM MDT

One of my sisters had a M-I-L who was very hard of hearing.  She would stand in line in the grocery and comment on the clothes people were wearing, how they looked, if their kids were ugly - all the while not realizing that everyone could hear her loud and clear.
      September 6, 2017 12:36 AM MDT

• "The body's aging process should be reversed."

When you're young and don't know how to do anything ... you're body is perfect and can do anything!
    By the time you've learned learn all the things you can do with your body, your body can't do it anymore! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 5, 2017 9:54 PM MDT
      September 5, 2017 10:04 AM MDT

If you reverse-aged, you'd still become a baby who can't do anything. O_o
      September 5, 2017 10:05 AM MDT

• No ... not chronologically speaking.  Biologically speaking.

Start off as a baby, with an old body, and have the body get younger as you get older.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 5, 2017 9:55 PM MDT
      September 5, 2017 10:16 AM MDT

• Some things that I'd maybe change:

-Humans shouldn't grow four extra teeth in adolescence that only cause problems and need to be removed. Maybe just one extra tooth; we don't need more wisdom than that.
    -Why are the sexual organs so close to the places where waste leaves the body? That's only asking for diseases. Maybe something should be on that useless space called the back...
    -And what's the deal with allergies? Humans are allergic to nature, wtf? Are we not a part of nature? I'd eliminate allergies altogether. Or maybe eliminate nature...whichever comes first. 
      September 5, 2017 10:09 AM MDT

Regarding placement of sexual organs, that may be a remnant of a time before we walked on all fours. 
      September 5, 2017 10:11 AM MDT

LMAO Exactly. 
      September 5, 2017 10:12 AM MDT

The thing about the sex organs just proves that the human body was designed by a Civil engineer. Who else would run a sewer line right through the middle of a playground? 
      September 5, 2017 4:08 PM MDT

Detachable boobs. Put them on to look good when dressed and during intimate moments. Take them off while relaxing at home and sleeping so they don't flop around like restless puppies.  
      September 5, 2017 10:15 AM MDT

That would make exercise easier too. :D
      September 5, 2017 10:18 AM MDT

Absolutely. 

September 5, 2017 10:22 AM MDT

• Honestly, I've put my body and mind through absolute hell and it's the only thing that has been resilient and strong when I needed it.
    I have physical imperfections for sure, but I'm happy to be alive and I can't complain about my design, it's smarter than I could ever be and I'm lucky it still functions for me after everything.
    I feel very fortunate to feel good at all.
    I like your question though, very interesting idea. : )
      September 5, 2017 10:37 AM MDT