Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » President Trump made a deal with Democratic congressional leaders to raise the debt ceiling and provide disaster relief for Harvey victims.

President Trump made a deal with Democratic congressional leaders to raise the debt ceiling and provide disaster relief for Harvey victims.

He also is apparently working with fellow New Yorker and Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer on a deal to repeal the debt ceiling, and congressional Republicans are screaming bloody murder. So what happened to the right-wing ogre that the MSNBC crowd and its minions (including people right here on Answermug) are so afraid of?

Posted - September 7, 2017

Responses

The fact that the GOP is screaming bloody murder because the president is working across the aisle tells me that they are more concerned with themselves than with what's good for the country.  Personally, it's time we stopped raising the debt ceiling and started to live within our means.
      September 7, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

• President Trump could suck all of the flood water empty through a straw and the left-wingers would complain he didn't leave any water. No matter what he does, leftists and the leftist media will complain. I'm not even a Trump supporter, nor did I vote for him. But, these leftists are dead set on opposing Trump no matter what plans he has. 
      September 7, 2017 2:08 PM MDT

Well we know he is impulsive. and goes with whatever notion fills his mind at any given time, I suppose Nancy gave him a good emotional story about how it would be unfair to punish such hardworking youngsters for something their parents might not even have known was illegal.

So I dont see anything off pattern in this.

And of course right wingers will complain if the 'something' he do is not it their 'happy ever after'-script.

And of course I will continue to guffaw and point fingers when ever 'Political logic' make American tie such knots on their thinking. At least this way a second term of Trump is avoided. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at September 8, 2017 12:10 PM MDT
      September 7, 2017 4:31 PM MDT

He has been replaced by the populist he always was or is he a proud elderly man being led by those who have not yet been forced out of his cabinet? This post was edited by O-uknow at September 8, 2017 12:10 PM MDT
      September 7, 2017 10:32 PM MDT