Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » You knew it was coming. "Gay people to blame for Hurricane Harvey". It was just a matter of time wasn't it?

You knew it was coming. "Gay people to blame for Hurricane Harvey". It was just a matter of time wasn't it?

Minister Kevin Swanson  said Houston has sinned by having a "very very aggressively pro-homosexual mayor".

Christian radio personality Rick Wills linked Houston's progressive attitude with the storm.

Ann Coulter said she didn't believe Harvey was God's punishment  for electing a Lesbian mayor but it was more credible than climate change

Do you agree with any of them? Whom and why?

Posted - September 8, 2017

Responses

I agree with Coulter. God did not punish Houston and it was not global warming  either.
      September 8, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

That is NOT what she said.  She said that God punishing Texas for having a gay mayor was more credible and you AGREED to that. 

Watch what you agree to. 
      September 8, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

Ann Coulter said she didn't believe Harvey was God's punishment  for electing a Lesbian mayor but it was more credible than climate change.
      September 8, 2017 9:45 AM MDT

Like I don't know.  WHAT SHE SAID.

It is NOT more credible.  OKAY? It is ridiculous.  So is she and so is anyone who backs that psycho.
      September 8, 2017 9:58 AM MDT

I don't back Coulter.
    I don't believe either statement is true...
      September 8, 2017 10:01 AM MDT

Definitely not punishment from God. Not sure how warmer weather really affects hurricanes but could?

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/RisingCost/rising_cost5.php
    "But even as a warming climate might decrease the overall number of storms that form, it could increase the number of intense storms."

Article from 2002:

Global Warming Accelerates Disasters

“After reporting a sharp increase in the late 1990s in the number of weather-induced disasters,” the Red Cross feels that “international aid will not be able to keep up with the impact of global warming,” says Britain’s Guardian Weekly. “In its annual World Disasters Report, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies says that floods, storms, landslides and droughts, which numbered about 200 a year before 1996, rose steadily to 392 in 2000.” Fearing an even more spectacular rise in natural disasters, Roger Bracke, the federation’s head of disaster relief operations, stated: “There is a natural limit somewhere to what humanitarian assistance can do; we are afraid that there will be a point where we can no longer provide assistance.” According to the Guardian, “floods accounted for more than two-thirds of the [211 million] people a year affected on average by natural disasters over the past decade. Famine caused by drought affected nearly a fifth, and accounted for most deaths: about 42% of all those caused by natural disasters.”

September 8, 2017 7:04 AM MDT

((hugs)) Thank you for your very thoughtful and EXTREMELY INFORMATIVE reply tex. I saw photos of the devastation on several of the islands..I think they were St. Martin and Barbuda. They showed before and after pictures and oh my gosh it was so very sad. I think the major or some official on Barbuda said it is 100% no longer habitable! Right behind this current hurricane is one named Jose that just upgraded to a cat 4 but it isn't expected to be as damaging. The world seems to be tumbling down around us. Oh. North Korea is supposedly going to launch another ICBM test this weekend. I hope you don't have any loved ones in the path of the hurricane m'dear. Happy Saturday to you!  :)
      September 9, 2017 2:07 AM MDT

You're welcome RosieG. I know of someone that said Thursday that their niece from St. Maarten posted that her internet is sporadic right now. They lost almost everything, and now await Jose without doors or windows. She says many people are looting like crazy and it is horrible there.
    Here are a couple of articles that may interest you:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/awake-no5-2017-october/disaster-steps-that-can-save-lives/

When Disaster Strikes​—Steps That Can Save Lives

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006681?q=last+days&p=par
      September 9, 2017 6:45 AM MDT

More very useful and informative links tex. Thank you so much for being so helpful to all your Answermugger friends. A very sad thing though is the looters and those who gouge when they sell things. I am constantly shocked at the depth to which humans can go to be disgusting and disgraceful and heartless. Looting and gouging seem to go hand in hand with tragedy. More's the pity. I wonder how bad it will get? :( Gonna ask a question about it. :(
      September 9, 2017 6:58 AM MDT

Yes, the way people are, especially these days is very sad.
    (2 Timothy 3:1-4) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,
    (Luke 21:11) There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.
      September 9, 2017 7:28 AM MDT

I think it was Randy D s fault. ;+
      September 8, 2017 7:31 AM MDT

Pretty sure.
      September 8, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

It was punishment for all of us for screwing up our atmosphere.
      September 8, 2017 7:50 AM MDT

What causes hurricanes Ele? I know there is somewhere in the US that's called "hurricane alley". We don't get them in the Pacific but we do in the Atlantic. I wonder why? I guess I can ask that question. I hope you don't have any loved ones in the path of the hurricane. "After" pictures of some islands that were hit are devastating. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      September 9, 2017 2:17 AM MDT

Then Florida must be REALLY bad because they're going to be wiped out.
      September 8, 2017 8:12 AM MDT

Think Ft.  Lauderdale.  That is where Andrew hit last time.  I has to be true then. 
      September 8, 2017 8:12 AM MDT

I always expect asinine statements from a few idiots on either side of the aisle...and they always deliver.  

September 8, 2017 10:44 AM MDT

WOW! That's some crazy and hateful post.
      September 8, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

Sounds like a conversation between dumb and dumber.
      September 8, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

people shouldnt be blaming them, they have nothing to do with it
      September 8, 2017 3:25 PM MDT