Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What is the sweetest sound you've ever heard that you would NEVER tire of earing? Why?

What is the sweetest sound you've ever heard that you would NEVER tire of earing? Why?

Posted - September 8, 2017

Responses

September 8, 2017 1:08 PM MDT

My cat Mac's purr.. Mac short for McCoy .. he is a very unwell kitty... he's been blind for a good few years, he has IBD, High blood pressure, pancreatitis, rhinisitis and bronchitis.. and now he has an infection on top of that... he's as thin and bony as you can get and still be alive :( but he still has the loudest purr ever... He always has had.. I cannot imagine life without that purr.. it soothes me to sleep, and has done now for 12 years 
      September 8, 2017 1:26 PM MDT

That's very heartwarming. Hope he is not in any pain. That's an awful lot of "conditions" for him to have to deal with. Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      September 9, 2017 2:25 AM MDT

The strange thing is.... he usually acts as though he's not at all unwell. And I think mostly that's how he feels, not sure why.. the vet said most cats with high blood pressure feel unwell... he doesn't seem to... he hasn't let being blind stop him either.. he's the first to go exploring and to get into places he shouldn't.. he will jump up places, climb places and really just act like nothing can stop him from enjoying his life to the full.. There's surely a lesson there for us all!  He has been unwell though with an infection... and this was the first time I thought.. hmmmm this time it's going to beat him... but nope.. he has some new antibiotics and he's now eating up a storm again.. so hopefully he will bounce back and regain his lost weight..  But don't worry - I would never allow a kitty to suffer, if he ever gets to the point where he needs to be allowed to pass on and we cannot get him to bounce back we will do the right thing.. I am not someone who would maintain a life of a pet if it wasn't a good life free from pain.
      September 9, 2017 2:40 AM MDT

I'm glad honey. Is he eating? You know we had to put our beloved cat Tigger down July 25. He had lost a lot of weight and was acting weird. The vet did a blood panel thinking it could be something curable. Turned out he had leukemia...bone cancer and his organs were shutting down. She said she could extend his life with shots for awhile but the end would be the same and his quality of life would be barely there. So with a very heavy heart we had him put down. He was a stray who adopted us about 13 years ago. Jim and I met late in life and he said Tigger was the child we never had. That would sound very strange to those who aren't cat people but you understand. I know you will do the right thing when the time comes. I just wish pets would never have to suffer. I also wish we could communicate with them so they could tell us where it hurts. Please give McCoy some hugs from Jim and me. You can tell him it's from Grandpa and Grandma! Thank you for your reply Addb. Oh. Different subject completely. Does your country ever experience things like hurricanes or earthquakes? I think you get a lot of rain but is it ever of a devastating nature? What's going on off the coast of Florida is horrendous. I'm sure you're getting coverage of it across the pond! :)
      September 9, 2017 2:49 AM MDT

Yes, he is eating again now, and even stole and ate a sausage from the side of my plate -  not bad for a blind cat :P  it seems the new antibiotic has worked like a miracle.. this has happened many times before.. He is prone to rhinitis infections.. I have a super vet - he is way beyond the level of most vets.. and he always knows which antibiotic is needed. My problems usually spring from when I cannot see super-vet - the others pale in comparison, so the last one gave him a really general antibiotic which didn't really touch the infection so he wasn't eating. 
    I am so sorry about Tigger and yes, I can certainly understand how much we come to love the fur-beings that become part of our family. McCoy will certainly appreciate the hugs, thank you :)
      September 9, 2017 10:18 AM MDT

• My children's laughter when they were still young.
      September 8, 2017 1:29 PM MDT

Yes indeed. Children figure bigly in memorable things don't they? Thank you for your reply Stickman and Happy Saturday! :)
      September 9, 2017 2:26 AM MDT

the sound of a baby, theyre so cute
      September 8, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

Children laughing.
      September 8, 2017 6:06 PM MDT

Innocent. Joyful. It's often contagious! Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Saturday! :)
      September 9, 2017 2:27 AM MDT

Exactly.  Happy Saturday to you. :)
      September 9, 2017 5:40 AM MDT

Thank you Spunky! :)
      September 9, 2017 5:43 AM MDT

The sounds of the birds chirping . We have a tree in the front they all sing in the winter and for the most part keep me company during the summer, can't image a world without them. This post was edited by Articfox at September 9, 2017 2:27 AM MDT
      September 8, 2017 7:32 PM MDT

You have your very own choir? Wow are you lucky or what? There was a book that came out many years ago titled "The  Silent Spring". I didn't read it but I believe it was one of the very first books out about environment, climate and human impact on it. Thank you for your reply Articfox and Happy Saturday! :)
      September 9, 2017 2:29 AM MDT