Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Post a song that's been a musical ear worm for you recently or at any time in your life.

Post a song that's been a musical ear worm for you recently or at any time in your life.

I keep hearing this song over and over again on the radio, on various stations, in various States, over the past month.  I've always loved the song, but all this repetition is starting to scare me and make me think someone in another dimension is seriously trying to get a message to me.  

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you....

Posted - September 8, 2017

Responses

Isn't Billy Joel looking like a mummified relic these days?  
      September 9, 2017 2:16 PM MDT

• Harry , don't tell me you've never had to close your eyes to get through 3and half minutes with a guy before ;)
      September 10, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

What does that have to do with Billy Joel?  Did you do him?

3 and a half minutes?  You're picking the wrong guys.  To answer your question no, except maybe when I was sleeping.  I will admit to waking up to at least one boyfriend deciding he couldn't wait. lol.  
      September 10, 2017 8:13 AM MDT

Thank you darling Veena.  Yes, this is classic earworm material.  Thanks for the eye candy too.  I like looking at them better than at Billy Joel.
      September 9, 2017 2:18 PM MDT

Yeah....I just luv the song..Harry;))
      September 9, 2017 11:33 PM MDT

Ha ha eye candy;))
      September 10, 2017 10:45 PM MDT

This one... I love it.. it became a mini obsession - if you haven't heard it do give it a try :)

September 9, 2017 2:33 AM MDT

OMG Daydream.  I forking LOVE this song.  I heard it when it first came out and you're right, it's a definite earworm.  I couldn't get enough of it.  I love him.  Thanks for posting this.
      September 9, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

For some reason my feeble brain won't stop singing these songs.  Even though I can't figure out how to post them, I've decided to write them out for you instead.  If you are familiar with the tunes, you'll see why.  They hold on and won't let go! :)
    Not to arise confusion with your already "stuck-on-a-song worm" but to expound it.  Pretty soon we could have a whole convoy of songs we can't get out of our heads. ;)

Right now it is:  Aimie by Pure Prairie League

A few others that pop in without invitation are:
    Me and Julio down by the schoolyard - Simon and Garfunkel
    Who Let The Dogs Out - BaHa Men
    Rickie Don't Loose That Number - Steely Dan
    Calypso - John Denver

If we added these to the already above mentioned, none of us would ever get any sleep!  Big giggles in song!!
     Great haunting question Harry! (()) This post was edited by Merlin at September 9, 2017 3:32 PM MDT
      September 9, 2017 11:31 AM MDT

MERLIN!  I've missed you.  Sorry we can't seem to catch each other online.   You've hit on a DEFINITE earworm.  That was one of mine for years.  That album was a great one.  I'm posting Aime here for you but including a couple tracks from the album as well.  For me, Aime is connected to Falling In and Out of Love.  Angel is okay but the other two have always been favorites of mine.

The others you mention are also major earworms! lol. Wish I could say I liked them. Haha!  Thanks for posting girl. :-) This post was edited by Harry at September 9, 2017 3:46 PM MDT
      September 9, 2017 2:33 PM MDT

Hi and Thanks Harry~ :) You know me.  My brain goes into block and lock mode when it comes to the computers these days.  I wish I could turn that switch off!!  I was shown once how to post songs and did it a couple of times.  Then, life got in the way over here and I haven't done it in a while.  
    When I tried to again for your question, I couldn't remember.  It'd be great if you walked me and my tiny, little brain through it again.  Thank you for understanding and posting it.  You're awesome!
    I miss you too!  Oodddeellllsss!  Let's try and catch up before October!  Hugs and Pats always! 
      September 9, 2017 4:00 PM MDT

I know we have to catch up.  You're coming east soon!   When you go to youtube and find the song you want to post.  Click on Share in the lower right corner beneath the video.  Then, click on  Embed in the lower right corner of the Share box.  HIghlight the code that comes up.  Hit copy.  Then come back to AM, go to the little video icon in the reply box.  It's the 5th one from the left.  Then, click on Embed in that box.  and then, copy and paste into the Embed box.  

Merlin you are not going to believe this! I had to come on here as soon as I got home because I was afraid I might forget it.   I was at a pub tonight and the guitarist was playing all these songs for me.  I didn't ask, he just was throwing them out and was hitting on so many of my favorite rock classics.  It was very strange and fun.  AND, he suddenly played Rickki Don't Lose That Number!  So, while I was getting drunk, I was fondly thinking of you! lol.  When are you visiting Massachussetts?
      September 9, 2017 10:17 PM MDT

Colorful microphone with hummingbirds

The ONLY way to hear that song!!  I can picture it perfectly!  It's funny how the Universe works sometimes.  If we can swing it on our limited time, maybe we can hit that same bar.  It would be great if we could have him play a little Pure Prairie League, Aime and Ricky Don't Loose that Number.  That guy must be good to pull off Steely Dan.   2 of my all-time favorites.  I hope we can catch him. :) :) :) :) I was having a swig or three last night too.  Of course, that is par-for-course with me, so no surprise there.... giggles :P

O.K. I'm going to try and post Aime now via your instructions.  Cross your fingers!  Love, Merlin
    P.S. I talked to mom last night and she is sending me her itinerary.  I'll work mine around hers.  My Aunt and she are flying together and my sister is sooo busy fixing everyone's finances, no one knows where she will be flying from.  But, I'll work my itinerary around my moms.  All four of us (the two generations of sisters) will be there for the final funeral.  She's had 3 memorials already.  I do feel it is time she rest.  She must be tired by now!  Big hugs and smiles!! ;) ;)

September 10, 2017 12:36 PM MDT

Okay, let me know when you have something solid.  LOL.  Yes, your Grams must be very tired. Haha.

I do have to clarify something.  I was drunk when I got home late last night and wrote about that musician.  The guy came over to my table during his break.  He was throwing me lines a musician throws at young groupies.  He told me he was playing all his songs for me.  One of them was an original one telling me he was divorced.  It was pretty funny, but I admit I was very flattered.  He kissed my hand and asked me to wait around for him to finish.  I could have gotten laid last night!  But, I decided to play coy.  If I had shaved, I might have not played coy. ;-)   I promised to see him perform again at another local spot.  Maybe I'll let him cop a feel.   
      September 10, 2017 2:35 PM MDT

September 10, 2017 7:13 PM MDT

HOT Diggitity Dawg, Harry!!!!  WE DID IT!!!!  
    Thank you!!
    Even though this isn't the best recording of Aime, I thought it was the most entertaining!  Enjoy!!

I'm so excited I did this I can barely maintain myself!  YIpppppeeeeee!
    It's the little things in Life... well, not always.... but this time it was! :) :)

September 10, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

I am cracking up!!!
    Are you sticking to that story? HA!  You are a hoot!!

When I get there I'm making you an emergency kit for your car.  No, not the one you need in case you get stuck in snow and are freezing on the side of the road.  
    The other one that is WAY more important. From now on, we are bringing a disposable razor, some Nair,  shaving cream, and lotion everywhere we go and a few other things that all women should carry in their cars. 
    You are not sliding under the wire next time!!
    I do have a question though?  What about your other Boy Toy?  What was his name?  Todd?  Rodd?  He has dark brown hair and looks like he walked off the cover of a J Crew Catalog??  
    Won't he be jealous?
      September 10, 2017 7:31 PM MDT

lol. Tom.  Nah.  He be cool about that kinda stuff.  He knows I'll always return to him.
      September 10, 2017 7:51 PM MDT

Musical ear worm? WTF?

Anyhoo, I get your gist. This has been in my head since I answered the question about television theme songs:

September 9, 2017 10:28 PM MDT

You're right.  It was a redundant phrase.  Cut me some slack girlie.  You know I need my pipes cleaned for me to think clearly again.

Yeah, that song is definitely ear worm material.
      September 10, 2017 8:17 AM MDT

I heard that on the radio the other day, and I remember it from the movie "Resovoir Dogs" - it's a good song. :)

I've had this one in my head for a little while. 

September 10, 2017 7:17 PM MDT

September 10, 2017 8:44 PM MDT