Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It is a terrorist incident. Location was at Parsons Green Tube Station in London. A bomb went off. Any Answermug Brits been there?

It is a terrorist incident. Location was at Parsons Green Tube Station in London. A bomb went off. Any Answermug Brits been there?

Hope this is not the beginning of another sequence of planned terrorist attacks in London. Condolences to any of you who are affected. Will this kind of thing ever end or is this only just the beginning of forever?

Posted - September 15, 2017

Responses

I live about six miles away and it's at the west end of the Kings Road....I use to go there shopping although where the incident happened is in a more residential area about a mile further along from the shops.....you do though need to go past the train station to cross Wandsworth bridge to go south side of the Thames....
      September 15, 2017 5:23 AM MDT

I don't understand why people trample over others to getaway.....a pregnant women was trampled on the stairs and also a young boy......panic makes people do strange out character it seems 
      September 15, 2017 5:28 AM MDT

I think emotion/fear takes over and people aren't thinking at all let alone thinking rationally. They may have feared additional explosions and just wanted to get out as quickly as possible. It must have been horrendously frightening to everyone.
      September 15, 2017 5:32 AM MDT

Come back old school stiff upper lip. 
      September 15, 2017 6:21 AM MDT

What do you mean ?
      September 15, 2017 6:29 AM MDT

It's the "fight or flight" instinct that takes over.  Much the way animals act upon instinct, so do human beings when their life is at stake.  Yes, it is terrible that the woman and the child were trampled, but I don't think much thought is involved in such a situation.
      September 15, 2017 7:45 AM MDT

I agree somewhat.....and none of know how we will react in such instances......I would like to think I would try and assist anyone laying on the floor being walked over......that said I have no idea how difficult it would be being forced along by those behind you pushing forward....

make thepunnishment ent fit the crimeand do unto others what they do to you....or in another way apply the eye for and eye justice system........they would never be capable of doing it ever again.....
      September 15, 2017 7:54 AM MDT

I would like to think that's how I would react, too, but it is very difficult to predict what any of us would actually do under those circumstances.  I definitely agree with your take on what is just punishment.
      September 15, 2017 8:05 AM MDT

There was a black gang leader of of a gang called the Cripps in New York I think.....he killed 36 people and got caugoht and sentenced to death for his crimes......as luck would have it while in prison he found God........even luckier the courts found sympathy with him and helped him meet him  personally .....

September 15, 2017 8:34 AM MDT

Just punishment.
      September 15, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

I'm sure it helped those families effected by him....just and deserving.....
      September 15, 2017 8:58 AM MDT

That is way too close for comfort NJ. Thank you for your reply. I hope this is a one-time thing and not the beginning of another string of attacks in London. ((hugs))
      September 15, 2017 5:30 AM MDT

I can't ever foresee it stopping soon Rosie.......it's Blairs meddling in other countries problems that's activated it....
    He's a megga rich man from his introverntions and the English public are paying for the half wits mistakes....
      September 15, 2017 5:36 AM MDT

And of course those who take all the hits are the people. SIGH. I wish it were different somewhere in the world NJ. I wonder why it isn't? :( Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 15, 2017 6:43 AM MDT

Alaska seems a safe haven as does the antarctic.......we could go chill out there.....
      September 15, 2017 7:58 AM MDT

Try Switzerland.  When was the last time you heard of anything terroristic happening there? 
      September 15, 2017 8:03 AM MDT

I'm not sure if it's still true.....but every adult between the age of 18 and 45 had to learn how to fire guns and join a shooting range...I believe they had to own a gun.....
    they also had the lowest gun related reported crimes

September 15, 2017 8:46 AM MDT

I recall reading the same thing.  Either way, the Swiss stay out of everyone's business and no one bothers with them. 
      September 15, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

I've always been very curious about what life would be like at the ends of the earth...so speak.  Either the Arctic or Antarctic. I think surviving day by day would be a real challenge. But since survival is what we're after who is going to bomb either place? I think I'm gonna float that question. I'll give you anonymous attribution so I don't disclose your identity! Thank you for your reply NJ and Happy Sunday. Here goes! :)
      September 17, 2017 4:21 AM MDT

9/11 was before Blair and Bush sent troops into Iraq or Afghanistan. ISIS, and a few other groups, use the fact that we didn't send troops into Syria, and let Assad kill his own people, to get recruits. These people are fanatics. If we don't send troops into one situation, they give that as a reason, and if we do somewhere else, they use that. We can't win, either way. I am no fan of Blair, but it was not his fault in this case.
      September 15, 2017 9:04 AM MDT

Yes Rosie unfortunately a bomb exploded in London just before 08:30 UK time in the middle of rush hour, there were hundreds of people on the train at the time and it is being treated as a terrorist attack. The device was attached to a timer but thankfully it did not fully detonate. It is very sad Rosie. Twenty two people have been taken to hospital with mainly flash burn injuries Rosie, but none of them are in a life-threatening or serious condition. I live in London with my parents and brother Rosie and this incident that occurred this morning will not make me afraid to use the trains or buses because we as a society should never be intimidated or defeated by acts of terrorism. Unfortunately Rosie this is just the beginning of forever. This post was edited by Gabriel at September 15, 2017 7:46 AM MDT
      September 15, 2017 7:26 AM MDT

I think you are right in what you say....I try not to use the underground or buses because of over crowding.....when I've been on busses in the west end and if you sit in an aisle  seat you are forever hit on the head by people carring huge bags or back packs.......on the underground in rush hour I tend to get crushed so go on it rarely.....

September 15, 2017 8:12 AM MDT

I think NiceJugs is right - all the meddling the West has done in the Middle East has caused all this hatred.  We need to mind our own business and let them sort things out for themselves. 
      September 15, 2017 7:48 AM MDT

It's the responsibity of every nation together to police the world.......not just one or two.....
    if no one supplied munitions ,fuel arms etc ,North Korea would not still be in the hands of a despot.....
      September 15, 2017 8:24 AM MDT