Active Now

Spunky
Pet Eater
Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » There are some men who believe women have no intrinsic value apart from how they can service men. Sadly some women believe that too. Why?

There are some men who believe women have no intrinsic value apart from how they can service men. Sadly some women believe that too. Why?

Posted - September 16, 2017

Responses

It's ridiculous to suggest that those with a traditionalist view of gender roles think women exist "to serve men". If anything traditionalists think that men exist to serve women and children. The average guy if not for the love of his wife and children, would be completely lazy and only work enough to support a minimalistic life.

Women seem capable of kidding themselves that expensive curtains in the living room are for "us". LOL.... No heterosexual man in his right mind could give a damn about curtains. He bought them for his girl because she likes them.

Can't people see that all romance is based on men giving and sacrificing for women? Can't people see traditionalism is completely female centered? Traditionalism gives women everything on a silver platter. They only thing it denies women is authority. What feminists can't seem to understand is that power and responsibility go together. Yes, men traditionally had power over women though they also had RESPONSIBILITY FOR women. That is a BURDEN not a privilege. A lot of people seem think denying someone power means that you hate them. This is false. Denying someone power is usually protective. We don't give children power. Does that mean we hate children? Obviously not. It just means that we recognize children are incapable of being responsible for that power, so they shouldn't have it.

I believe in patriarchy. If women are given power society collapses. This is what history shows. It's a fact. History would record matriarchy empires if this were not the case. In general when women are given power they make bad, emotional, short sighted decisions. The beta males tend to side with the women, not because they necessarily agree with them, but because they're don't wish to argue the point. He simply wishes to nod his head and keep her in a good enough mood to get some sex that evening. This is why equality is really matriarchy. 

Patriarchy is the only way to counter balance the massive sexual hold that women have over men and create some kind of overall balance. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at September 17, 2017 6:01 AM MDT
      September 17, 2017 5:24 AM MDT

What a load of "bollocks" This post was edited by kjames at September 17, 2017 8:35 AM MDT
      September 17, 2017 8:34 AM MDT

I don't know anyone who believes that.  Which would be like our saying men have no "intrinsic" value but to serve us!   Its all related - men are our other half!  That said I don't mind serving men and have spent much of my life doing so in one way, form or another.
      September 17, 2017 8:48 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply officegirl and Happy Tuesday. Just because YOU don't know anyone who believes that doesn't mean such people don't exist. You do acknowledge that don't you?
      September 19, 2017 3:53 AM MDT

I gather some women believe that they gain power by exploiting what men want. This isn't true they just make themselves look cheap. Men and women should work together as a team. There are upsides and downsides to women working, women get equal opportunities (still not equal pay) however, children are shoved into nurseries instead of being brought up at home.  I think children are more owned and influenced by the state more than ever, instead of their own parents and that's a sad thing. Some African tribes have the men stay at home looking after the children, and the women go out foraging, in fact historically in a number of cultures child rearing, hunting and foraging was shared.
      September 17, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

Well we ARE a team whether we realize it or not.  "Equal pay" is a pie-in-the-sky myth - we get paid what we are worth to your employer man or woman. End of story.  Having worked for the same firm since 1989 I am paid more than many men really too much for my own modesty.  Considering I don't take my work home with me. Many - men and women - do and they are the ones working hardest and I think they should be paid more. 
      September 17, 2017 9:00 AM MDT

And what have those cultures achieved? Nothing. Poor, weak, isolated sh*t holes. 

Women do get equal pay for the same work. The pay gap is 100% caused by women's choices. They often study subjects that don't get them real vocational skills (i.e. bullsh*t like women's studies) while men gravitate to STEM fields etc that actually teach them how to produce something of value. The pay gap is 100% female aversion to something that is dirty, dangerous, or difficult. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at September 17, 2017 9:25 AM MDT
      September 17, 2017 9:23 AM MDT

UNISON will tell you statistically women do not get equal pay for doing the same job as men. Women do plenty of dirty jobs, changing nappies, cleaning, and wiping old peoples arses in care homes and nursing professions.  Women also did many of the mechanical jobs when men went to war in world war two, for which I have had the great honour of meeting some of those who are now in their nineties.  Men often do some jobs because they are physically stronger than women, I am not ignorant of that fact, although equipment and health and safety law has made physical work easier with machinery to do heavy lifting so it isn't such a big deal anymore, but women have fought to fight on the front line etc, they've lost lives in their fight to be heard,  and carry their own whether they choose a traditionally lifestyle of being a mother 24/7 or working 40+ hours a week.  The relationship between men and women should be about respect and balance not control, as you say. This post was edited by kjames at September 17, 2017 3:07 PM MDT
      September 17, 2017 2:59 PM MDT

I gather you disagree with my premise.You don't know of any men who believe women are best suited to be in the bedroom/kitchen/barefoot/pregnant/silent? May I refer you to Donald John Trump and his infamous Access Hollywood "locker room" talk? The tip of the iceberg. Boxer Floyd Mayweather defended him by saying "that is how real men talk". Of course there are women who exploit their sexual appeal to get what they want. We call them "gold diggers". Why shouldn't they dig for gold? However I am talking about the breed of man who brags about his sexual prowess. Denigrates women and values only certain female body parts. I don't know how many of them there are. I doubt they are few in number however. We have a word for them. Misogynist. I doubt the word would exist if it weren't applicable to the real world. And let us not forget rapists. They hate women as well and they are legion and ubiquitous. In business, in the military, on college campuses, in neighborhoods. Wherever men and women gather you will find them. Sadly. Thank you for your reply kj.
      September 19, 2017 4:05 AM MDT

As I said in my answer men in tribal religion stay at home and look after the children, while the women go out and forage. Amazon women did the hunting.  We see many changes in roles these days, in India many women work because their men chew Pann and are addicted to it, many women in China work long shifts in factories.  Here women work and men stay at home although this is in the minority. In many singe parent families it is the women looking after the children.  It isn't black and white. However, I do feel that children lose out when they are raised from birth by the state, when they are put into day care from birth, not many years ago, psychologists told us that the psychological development of children in their early years is of utmost importance to how they will be able to handle themselves when they are older.  I believe a child who is brought up in the home by a parent, is going to be far more better off psychologically than a child thrust into state care.  Children that used to be thrust into state care, normally single mothers, were called Latch key kids.  Now state care is becoming the norm, because women have wanted equal rights with men to work, I'm not saying that is wrong, but as a result of that the state now demands that both parents work if their income is not substantial, where before the state fully accepted the women staying at home without any pressure. Hence the child always had a parent there for them.  Mother's always wanted to stay at home over the men, because women breast feed, in tribal culture men let the babies suckle at their nipples but of course they cannot feed them while the mum is away, and I am a strong believer in breast is best.  Breast Milk is designed for human consumption, other milk is not, rarely will you see a goat suckling from a horse, animals feed their young their own milk.  Women also carry the pregnancy, hence they are often more bonded to the child, (not always), but often are because they have kept them inside them, then afterwards they are bonded to them by breast feeding. I'm talking psychology.  It's almost become unfashionable for a women to want to be a stay at home mother, women now are expected to have their children and a full time job, and so someone else has to have their child. 
    I disagree with men viewing women as if they are someone there to take care of them.  A relationship or marriage should be about mutual respect. You will normally find that a man who speaks derogatively about women, has probably dated gold diggers because he wants a dolly bird on his arm.  I certainly disagree with adverts like this, relationships are about respect and balance.

These days adverts are not aimed at stereotypical women as housewives, but aimed at women being sex objects (objectified), not intelligent, not helpful, and this is what happens because consumerism is often run by men.

This post was edited by kjames at September 19, 2017 7:24 AM MDT
      September 19, 2017 7:21 AM MDT