Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump Supporters Burn their MAGA hats over DREAMer deal. Is bi-partisanship such a bad thing?

Trump Supporters Burn their MAGA hats over DREAMer deal. Is bi-partisanship such a bad thing?

Nevan posted a Trump question, I know. Just relax...hear me out:

www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/09/15/trump-supporters-burn-their-maga-hats-over-presidents-possible-dreamer-deal/670479001/

I'm no fan of Trump, but what's so bad about Trump trying to work with the other party? Is it so bad to have a little bi-partisanship? I think it's a sad state of affairs when "compromise" becomes a dirty word.

Posted - September 16, 2017

Responses

Acoording to many Trump supporters it is. To them ANY deviation from the party line is TREASON and must be punished with the greatest possible severity. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at September 16, 2017 5:00 PM MDT
      September 16, 2017 12:33 PM MDT

At least nobody have yet argued that any dreamers born in the US should be retroactively be declared legally unborn and transported to Mexico to be 're-born' there with their 'proper' nationality ;-)) This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at September 16, 2017 1:47 PM MDT
      September 16, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

No, working across the aisle is never a bad thing.  Unfortunately, in the past few years, politics has been an "us versus them" mentality and any attempt at compromise is seen as betrayal.  This is one reason why having all three branches of government represented by the same party is not good for the country.
      September 16, 2017 12:52 PM MDT

Bi-partisanship is a good thing and something Trump should have sought out from the start. For better or worse, he's President of the whole country, not just his base, and must consider the needs of all Americans. Just as politicians should put their egos aside and do the same.
      September 16, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

I am a Trump supporter.  I don't own the hat though...lol

I don't have a problem working with the other side....as long as we are both getting something. And the something is not too extreme.

Trump has no choice but to work with the Dems cause the establishment Rs are not doing their job. They are not voting the way they campaigned on voting. They need to do their job. Or they will get to have new job in a few years.
      September 16, 2017 4:08 PM MDT

Trying to be bipartisan is the only intelligent thing that Trump has ever done since annoucing his intention to run for President. The only one. The guy who reinvented "the deal" shines through the opacity of senility, for a moment.
      September 16, 2017 6:52 PM MDT