Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » I find it funny that Mike Oldfield's 40-minutes-or-so-work "Tubular Bells" is considered the musical them for the movie "The Exorcist" . . .

I find it funny that Mike Oldfield's 40-minutes-or-so-work "Tubular Bells" is considered the musical them for the movie "The Exorcist" . . .

. . . yet Oldfield's music is heard in the movie for only about 15 seconds. ( Used as a background for a beautiful image of a nun walking and her habit is blowing in the wind.)

I've seen the movie numerous times and this is the only place I hear Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" music.
:)

Posted - September 16, 2017

Responses

God I love that music and when I saw the movie 20000 years ago (really about early '70's when it came out) but I thought it played during the opening and the credits.

No?

So beautiful.  So haunting. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 17, 2017 8:56 AM MDT
      September 16, 2017 11:40 PM MDT

Maybe I need to watch again, ha!
      September 17, 2017 5:34 AM MDT

yes, I've wondered that since I first saw the movie way back in the '70's......

it's just that the 'great American public' always gloms on to the most common thing..........and I'm sure the theme probably sold a few soundtrack albums!!!

but you are right; perhaps he had some special deal with the record company or studio?

well, guess we'll never know, right? lol.......
      November 12, 2017 12:20 PM MST

I only now just saw your reply, ben1011!! Thanks for your input, I enjoyed reading it!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.
      April 18, 2018 3:19 PM MDT