Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » :Large hands or small hands. Why should it matter? Small hands are an advantage if you're a watchmaker/jeweler. For a pianist, a dis?

:Large hands or small hands. Why should it matter? Small hands are an advantage if you're a watchmaker/jeweler. For a pianist, a dis?

Maybe working with miniatures/model airplanes where fine work and steady hands are required, small hands would be an advantage. For an artist who paints on canvas would hand size matter? After all it is the brush  that actually touches the canvas, not the hands. For baking I think it takes large strong hands for kneading bread dough and a lot of strength to pull a 25lb roasted turkey out of the oven without dropping it. For a sculptor large strong hands could be an advantage. For a seamstress I don't see how it would matter. For a construction worker the bigger the better because I think we associate bigger with stronger..

Posted - September 19, 2017

Responses

Is it true though that small hands  equal very small penis?

September 19, 2017 8:23 AM MDT

Is it true that men with big feet have a big you-know-what? I don't the the answer to that question or to yours. I think the whole topic is quite silly. What Rubio said was very tacky and unclassy. It was gross.. A smarter guy than Trump would have simply ignored the insult  But it still bothers him. When he visited Florida after Irma a few days ago and couldn't get his hands into some gloves he said "my hands are too big". Seriously. In the midst of all that devastation he is still obsessed with his hands. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday.
      September 20, 2017 1:59 AM MDT

Some people do seem to be concerned. 
      September 19, 2017 12:51 PM MDT

Why? It's a non-issue. Big feet. Big eyes. Big ears. Big nose. What does any of that have to do with one's ability to do a job? So what? The entire subject is silly. What's even sillier is that Trump is still obsessed with his hands. When he visited Florida after Irma a few days ago and was given some gloves to put on they apparently didn't fit. He said "my hands are too big". Still he frets over it. That is ridiculous! Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      September 20, 2017 2:01 AM MDT

I have noticed several questions here about hand size.....
      September 20, 2017 4:46 AM MDT

Small and petite hands are mezmerizing ...they look elegantly delicate ....lol
      September 19, 2017 2:24 PM MDT

There is something very refined about them. Small delicate hands are usually associated with women. But I don't see what hand size has to do with one's ability to do a job in general. Just as the size of the ears or eyes or nose or lips is irrelevant. What Marco  Rubio said during the campaign was very low-class and tacky. Trump should have ignored him completely but he took it to heart and STILL OBSESSES about it to this day. During a visit to Florida after Irma when he was given a pair of gloves to wear he said "my hands are too big". Geez!  Let it go! Thank you for your reply NJ and Happy Wednesday! :)
      September 20, 2017 2:06 AM MDT

All my sisters have small hands from my mums side of the family I think.....my brothers all resemble my dads.....:)
      September 20, 2017 2:52 AM MDT

That fits perfectly sweetie. You and your sisters are petite. I have ordinary average typical hands. Nothing to shout home about. I've always admired hands with long, slender fingers. It is so artistic and genteel and might I say almost poetic. I guess you always want what you don't have. My hands aren't ugly. But they're more useful than they are beautiful! Thank you for your reply NJ and Happy Wednesday m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 21, 2017 11:34 AM MDT
      September 20, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

I can only agree with your description of them.....we all use to sit and watch our mum cooking or doing delicate things ...yes it was poetic how she did things...she did delicate things with ease and still to this day does things without looking what her fingers are doing.....

my dad is as confident with his hands as well...yet it's totally different to watch what he does....

My dad has the same fasination with my mums hands......I sneakally  watch what he looks at when with her ......he does the same as me.....
      September 20, 2017 6:33 AM MDT

That is so sweet. Hands are often very expressive. Delicately/gently or dynamically/forcefully. Some people use their hands a lot when they talk and it can be very disconcerting. You watch the hands and lose track of the words! I'm going to share a long-ago memory with you NJ. I was in my late teens and walking somewhere and I noticed this young woman...she was slender and wore loose-fitting clothes. She seemed to float when she walked. She seemed like a dancer she was so graceful. She had long hair and as I recall didn't wear any makeup. She was sublimely unaware of my staring at her. I noticed her hands. They were delicate and graceful too. No nail polish. Unadorned they were lovely. She was wearing what looked like a bracelet watch. You know the kind that moves on your arm and isn't held real tight with wrist band? I looked for and found a watch similar to that for me and bought it!  Such a long-go memory and it had to do with hands. Thank you for your reply NJ! Gosh we sure can talk about the most atypical things can't we? I LOVE it!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 21, 2017 11:34 AM MDT
      September 20, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

I don't like or wear jewellery .....wearing  expensive jewellery is/looks very garish and and is an open invitation to get yourself mugged in London if out anywhere here really...
    i dress up quite nicely I'm told .....change my how I do my hair and wear very little make up......

As a kid I was always dancing about my parents home doing crazy things to get on my parents nerves....it never worked as all they did was laugh at me ....lol
      September 20, 2017 12:49 PM MDT

The watch to which I referred wasn't expensive NJ. I always wore a watch to work. The one I had was given to me by my parets. I was always aware of it being on my wrist because it was firm fit. The bracelet watch I bought moved and I often forgot I was wearing it. Just as I favor loose clothes not tight. I don't like neck scarves or chokers. I stopped wearing makeup when I retired.  Jim prefers me without it. It's a lot easier. Takes no time at all to apply makeup when all you do is wash your face! You were a delightful child. I think you are still delightful. I dance around the house now. Jim smiles. I even quietly bop down grocery store aisles if music is playing and no one sees me.  What's wrong with that? But you did things to get on your parents' nerves? Please explain why. I always wanted to please my parents and if I knew I had disappointed them or upset them it bothered me a great deal. But maybe you're joking. When I dance in the house I'm not trying to get on Jim's nerves. I dance when I'm alone too. Dancing makes a body feel better. Doesn't it? Thank you for your reply NJ! :)
      September 21, 2017 5:42 AM MDT

When I say get on their nerves it was because I was so energetic ....mostly i got up to all sorts of pranks to get my dad and mostly got my older and younger sister to join in and help ....

there red was never ever any really bad things we did and my two older brothers were always chasing us .... our youngest brother was also in our gang ....,l,,
    every thing was in good spirits.....I was such a torment with every one that in occasion they would gang up on me...
    I got my name from my younger sister while I was teasing- chasing her .......she blurted it out and my elder brother over heard and the bane stuck fast....lol

i never disappointed my parents and knew just when to stop..... My mum had a certain look of disapproval that stopped us all in our tracks...

we all had a great childhood and us girls are still a night mare to be around.....our elder brothers tend to take our side for safety reasons....they have partners that's joined us to.....
    we all still tend to dance and prance about and more so when we all descend on our parents home...only different thing is is that our mum joins in to now.......lol
      September 21, 2017 11:34 AM MDT

That's so lovely NJ. As it happen my sister and brother-in-law are going to come down from Carson City, Nevada this weekend and visit with us for several days. They live about 500 miles away. When we get together my sister and I dance together and both her husband Terry and my Jim smile at us because we are having so much fun. We do the jitterbug and the tango and you name it. We used to do that when we were young and even though we're old now we can still dance! I hope you and siblings always are close. There is nothing like family to get you through tough times.  Sadly some families/siblings drift apart and stay there. I hope that never happens to you! Thank you for your reply and Happy First Day of Autumn Friday in the USA! :)
      September 22, 2017 4:57 AM MDT

I've always heard, big hands= big penis-
    so the opposite must be true small hands = small penis??
      September 19, 2017 5:42 PM MDT

Richard..... Aka Dick could enlighten us of that Feet........hehe
      September 19, 2017 11:07 PM MDT

I also have heard that big feet indicate a big male private part. Whether it is true or not so what? What difference does that make in one's ability to perform a job? It is low-class, tacky and unbecoming to any serious candidate to say something like that. If Trump were an intelligent man he would have ignored it completely but he isn't so he didn't and it still bothers him. It's ridiculous! Thank you for your reply ally and Happy Tuesday! :)
      September 20, 2017 2:18 AM MDT

Pianist fingers come in all sizes. Remember Mozart was a child prodigy and was composing music at the age of 6, and even earlier. His music, today, is still played and used to teach young pianists. It is also used by adults, as Mozart's music became more complicated and challenging, as he got older. 
      The music of Rachmaninov, on the other hand, is easier for people with larger hands. His and Liszt's. 
       As for artists, there are a variety of tools they use. Paint can be applied by spraying, using a paint roller, dripped on with sticks. Brushes are for certain kinds of paintings. 
       I've known jewelry makers who had large hands. I think tools allow people to work with whatever art or craft they like.
       On the other hand, politics may be different, as they use metaphor as a tool. 
      September 20, 2017 4:11 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Marguerite. I appreciate it. Happy First Day of Autumn Friday in the USA! :)
      September 22, 2017 4:58 AM MDT

Happy Autumn to you, too, Rosie. I'm already enjoying the cool weather, instead of temps. in the 90s. This post was edited by Marguerite, the Beloved at September 27, 2017 12:40 PM MDT
      September 27, 2017 12:31 PM MDT

Us too. Hopefully the triple-digit temps we had last month are gone for the rest of  the year! Thank you for your Happy Autumn Marguerite! It's our favorite time of year! :)
      September 27, 2017 1:13 PM MDT