Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Zack
Discussion » Questions » History » Invading a country. Taking land that didn't belong to them. Killing people for it. That's how America began. Isn't it?

Invading a country. Taking land that didn't belong to them. Killing people for it. That's how America began. Isn't it?

Posted - September 23, 2017

Responses

It is. I defy you to name a nation that hasn't at some point in its history. 
      September 23, 2017 3:34 AM MDT

Luxemburg ?
      September 23, 2017 3:56 AM MDT

Luxembourg is one of those European nations that has been in the path of many takeovers by various European powers over the centuries. It is the home of some very famous fortifications, which are now UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Some dating from the Roman era. 

I think the very presence of these ancient battlements speaks to my point. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 23, 2017 4:48 AM MDT
      September 23, 2017 4:45 AM MDT

I haven't Googled it Don but I will and I shall get back to you. So your position is "everyone does it" which makes it okay with you? You justify bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior. Is that logical to you? Did you get away with that line when you were a kid and told your parents "everyone does it" and they told you that you were not everyone and you were not going to be allowed to do it. Whatever the it was. They expected and required more of you than others parents required of their children. Thank you for your reply  and.
      September 23, 2017 5:43 AM MDT

What the hell are you talking about, Rosie? What difference does any of this make if it's OK with me or not? Are you kidding? The reality is the reality. Whether you or I like it or not. Such is history.

Your response is irrelevant and patently ridiculous, not to mention you are in no position whatsoever to speak for my loser parents. 

I/we seem to be wasting our words on you, Rosie. You apparently don't bother to read them. I'm new here, but is this why you get so few responses to your many posts?  This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 4, 2017 9:32 PM MDT
      September 23, 2017 7:36 AM MDT

Unless a country has been around since the beginning.....that is normally how a country is formed. Some sort of a war. 

September 23, 2017 5:56 AM MDT

Typical of any nation that has the upper hand. 
      October 3, 2017 10:55 PM MDT

Yup, pretty much.

After describing the kingdoms, or governments, of mankind at “the time of the end,” he says: “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.” (Daniel 12:4; 2:44) So the earth is not burned up by a nuclear holocaust that destroys all human life. Rather, God’s Kingdom sweeps wicked men and nations off the face of our globe, in preparation for a permanent earth-wide government on the shoulders of the “Prince of Peace.”—Isaiah 9:6.

(Ecclesiastes 8:9) All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm.
    (Daniel 2:44) “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,
    (Isaiah 11:1-5) A twig will grow out of the stump of Jesʹse, And a sprout from his roots will bear fruit.  2 And the spirit of Jehovah will settle upon him, The spirit of wisdom and of understanding, The spirit of counsel and of mightiness, The spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah.  3 And he will find delight in the fear of Jehovah. He will not judge by what appears to his eyes, Nor reprove simply according to what his ears hear.  4 He will judge the lowly with fairness, And with uprightness he will give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth And put the wicked to death with the breath of his lips.  5 Righteousness will be the belt around his waist, And faithfulness the belt of his hips.
      October 4, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

Is it a wonder that the bible describes world powers as wild, monstrous looking beasts? (Daniel 7:2-8) until the Prince of Peace arrives there will be no relief!
      September 25, 2018 11:51 PM MDT

Is it a wonder that the bible describes world powers as wild, monstrous looking beasts? (Daniel 7:2-8) until the Prince of Peace arrives there will be no relief!

I think that every nation is culpable

October 3, 2017 11:53 PM MDT
  • D&D

Indeed. Indeed.

Australia and NZ are some other examples.

The thought sickens me.
      October 4, 2017 8:44 AM MDT

Name one place that is NOT an example.

ONE.  Name ONE.
      October 4, 2017 8:47 AM MDT

Most of Asia.
      October 4, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

Name one part of Asia.

You are not even making sense.  You cannot say things without proof.  And I know there is no proof of this because I know what has transpired IN MOST OF ASIA.

ASIA took over TIBET.  Since China, the bloodiest country besides USA and BRITAIN, oh and all the Middle EAST of course, Which is part of Asia,

MOST OF ASIA has been forged on a very bloody battlefield.

Try reading some history of MOST OF ASIA.  Then answer my dear one.
      October 4, 2017 12:31 PM MDT