Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How much of the time is your car parked and how much of the time is it in motion going to/from? Are cars more expensive than they're worth?

How much of the time is your car parked and how much of the time is it in motion going to/from? Are cars more expensive than they're worth?

Posted - September 24, 2017

Responses

In my opinion: Yes, cars are more trouble than they are worth. But then again I have the great good luck to live in a country where public transport is plentiful and usually cheaper than it is to drive the same distance in a car.
      September 24, 2017 7:43 AM MDT

I know my dear because we had a discussion about it on another thread awhile back. You also ride a bike around town which is excellent exercise plus entirely green. Cars are expensive for sure.  We have one so I'm not familiar with the degree of excellence in public transportation. Many decades ago I'd take a bus to work. Then I got a car! It is more convenient but that's about the only advantage. Convenience costs money! Thank you for your reply JakobA  and Happy Monday! :)
      September 25, 2017 3:18 AM MDT

When I was 6 month's old, I couldn't wait to walk. Then when I was 5, I couldn't wait to ride a bicycle.  When I was 15, I couldn't wait to have a portable bedroom to pick up the chicks!  Such a deal!
      September 24, 2017 12:41 PM MDT